Acquisitions & Development Editor - Women's Books
Job type: Full-time
Location: Nashville, TN Post Date: October 08, 2017
LifeWay is the world's largest provider of Christian resources, and one of 2017 Forbes Best Midsize Employers. Located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee, our headquarters team leads, produces, and delivers biblical solutions to fulfill the mission and vision of LifeWay's ministry.
LifeWay's Publishing Acquisition & Development department is seeking an Acquisitions & Development Editor. The primary purpose of this role is to evaluate, acquire, and manage products in alignment with LifeWay's mission and values, specifically for the area of women's books. In this role, you'll be responsible for acquiring new women's category content for LifeWay's book publishing ministry, assessing the viability of the product in accordance with the business goals established by the Publisher, and maintaining excellent working relationships with internal and external partners, including authors and agents. Additionally, you'll serve as the primary project editor of non-fiction books. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the book publishing industry, familiarity with women's evangelical ministries, and the ability to create and manage ministry & business partnerships.
- Originate book projects either proactively or in response to inbound book proposals
- Manage book contracts in cooperation with the Manager of Acquisitions & Development to secure book acquisition
- Provide developmental editing to strengthen books in their quality, tone, and theological reliability in alignment with LifeWay's mission and values
- Bear responsibility for author relationships and author retention. Provide fast responses, quick support, and strong relationship management to strengthen LifeWay's status as a publisher of choice for top authors
- Monitor and measure success by quantitative (business) and qualitative (ministry) analysis, and manage internal and external reporting according to set goals
- Effectively evaluate inbound proposals with theological clarity, business insight, and good judgment regarding LifeWay's mission and values
- Accountable for quantifying marketing contributions toward the ministry area's revenue goals
- Facilitate the support of key projects and partnerships across other ministry areas in coordination with external partners
How to apply
Apply through LifeWay's Career Site: https://hq-lifeway.icims.com/jobs/23756/acquisitions-%26-development-editor---women%27s-books/job