Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Lausanne, Post Date: October 10, 2017
Westlake Church Lausanne is an international English-Speaking, gospel-centred Church in Lausanne, Switzerland.Our morning congregation consists mostly of young families and professionals. Our evening congregation of university students. We are a wonderful mix of nationalities, united in the gospel of Christ.
We are seeking a replacement Assistant/Associate Pastor. The exact job description will depend on the experience of the candidate. However, it is likely that he will oversee the evening congregation, our university student work and youth program, as well as preaching regularly at morning and evening services and, with the Senior Pastor, provide pastoral care across the church.
For permit reasons, applicants who do not hold a Swiss or EU passport will need to show proficiency in French, or be willing to attain it (though nearly all our ministry is done in English)
Evening Service Congregation:
- The Associate Pastor will provide teaching, training and pastoral care to our Evening Service congregation. This may include preaching weekly at the Evening Service, depending on service configuration.
Young Adults and University Students:
- He will work with the Senior Pastor and volunteers, to disciple, pastor and teach young adults and university students who attend Westlake.
- The Associate Pastor will be responsible for the teaching and pastoral care of our youth, and will work with, and provide leadership and training for, volunteers who serve our youth.
- He will preach regularly at morning and evening services. Depending on service configuration, this may involve preaching weekly at the evening service, monthly at the morning, or monthly at both.
- The Associate Pastor will be responsible for organising the teaching ministry to Westlake youth at weekday meetings and on Sunday mornings. This may be delegated.
- With the Senior Pastor he will organise the annual weekend retreats for youth and young adults/university students, and teach on these weekends.
- He will further develop and oversee an intern program.
- The Associate Pastor will be responsible for organising an ongoing program of outreach, for example using material such as Christianity Explored, and for training others in doing so.
Oversight and Accountability:
- The Associate Pastor will be overseen by the Board of Elders and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
How to apply
For an information pack, please contact [email protected]; or visit www.westlakelausanne.com