Assistant Director of Admissions
Job type: Full-time
Location: New York, NY Post Date: August 14, 2017
"Through its commitment to the truths of Christianity and a biblical worldview, The King's College seeks to transform society by preparing students for careers in which they help to shape and eventually lead strategic public and private institutions, and by supporting faculty members as they directly engage culture through writing and speaking publicly on critical issues."
The Assistant Director of Admissions is a recruiter to help promote the college regionally. This position is responsible for having interpersonal skills, an excellent ability to relate and establish relationships with prospective students, an understanding of the world of ideas, a self-starting attitude, and an ability to communicate vision to others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate recruiting efforts for a targeted population by working with departments, schools, colleges and community programs.
- Interview and counsel prospective students and families.
- Follow up with prospective students from inquiry through enrollment
- Assist in resolving complex admissions situations.
- Visit and counsel prospective students in person, via phone and email.
- Attend and host various personal visits and open house events.
- Represent the college and its programs to the general public at various recruitment events
- Creatively consider new ways and tactics to effectively recruit new students.
- Assist in various projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Admissions
- Exhibit excellence in client services by understanding and addressing the concerns of students and families as well as maintaining these key relationships.
- Be responsible for ensuring The King's College is making new connections, building new relationships and leveraging existing relationships to broaden our network within New York City, and ultimately securing new partnerships to allow us to reach more families
- Collaborate with staff and current connections to develop and execute projects including supporting new growth, and the expansion of local recruitment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Admissions Director's strategic planning process and the annual planning and reporting process.
- Identify key audiences to increase awareness, understanding and recognition of the potential contribution of The King's College towards local high school students and communities.
- Collaborate with the University's Communication & Marketing department to write, review, and edit a range of targeted marketing campaigns in both print and digital format.
- Manage a student worker designated to the recruitment and relationship building efforts of local teachers and students, pastors, religious leaders, and nonprofit leaders
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce (TargetX)
- Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Value the opportunity to make new connections, and provide interconnected support
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to direct multiple complex initiatives at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship and trust building, listening, and personal engagement
- Analytical intelligence for forward planning and strong communication skills
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License
How to apply
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Humanresources@tkc.edu