Controller (The King's University)
Job type: Full-time
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth (Southlake), TX Post Date: November 13, 2017
CapinCrouse is pleased to be working with The King's University to help fill their Controller position.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Administration, the Controller provides accounting and financial reporting expertise to the university and ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and University regulations and policies. The Controller is responsible for overall management of accounting operations, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, and auxiliary services accounting.
- Plan, organize, direct and oversee the work of assigned staff in Finance and consider best utilization of staffing related to general accounting and internal controls.
- Manage accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, contributions, and general accounting functions; establish internal control policies and procedures to ensure that accounting standards are met.
- Maintain accounts receivable entry.
- Maintain accounting for accruals and fixed assets.
- Maintain fund accounting and inventory accounting.
- Monitor capital purchases for compliance with capital budget.
- Prepare month-end close including any necessary journal entries or adjustments.
- Maintain chart of accounts as needed.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all accounting transactions and compliance with Federal, State, Department of Higher Education and University regulations and policies and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Prepare reports and surveys, as required by regulatory agencies; prepare annual financial statements and documents in support of the annual independent audit and other audit activities.
- Identify and recommend policies and procedures related to the financial and business practices of the University; plans and implement new operating procedures and information technology advances to improve service quality and efficiency of service delivery.
- Maintain a standard of superior service to all customers.
- Has signatory authority for University documents such as vendor payments, and purchase orders.
- Manage the production of the annual budget.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the VP of Business Administration.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across departments. Establish and maintain professional communication and ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful (TKU Social Covenant).
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly both internally and publically.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with University, departmental and individual goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by governing entities (DOE, TRACS, ABHE, etc.); file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Accounts Payable Finance Coordinator
- Minimum of a BBA in Accounting, 5 years of experience in a senior-level accounting or financial management role.
- CPA license preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a senior-level accounting or financial management role.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
How to apply
Apply through the Indeed posting and make note that you found the position through The Gospel Coalition.