Associate Pastor of Worship and Discipleship
Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Monroe, MI Post Date: November 13, 2017
Church: CrossPointe Church
Compensation: $30,000 per year (25-30 hours per week); 3 weeks of paid vacation per year
CrossPointe Church Overview: CrossPointe Church is a medium-sized church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) located in Monroe, Michigan. We offer two identical gathered worship services on Sunday mornings which include; biblical preaching, scripture reading, prayer, theologically rich music, and regular observance of the biblical ordinances (Lord's Supper and Baptism). Our music style may be considered "contemporary" as we are led by a team of musicians (piano, guitar(s), drums, bass, vocals, etc.). Within our "contemporary" style of music, we value both old and new songs that are theologically rich and seek to glorify God (examples: Citizens & Saints, Sojourn Music, Getty Music, Sovereign Grace Music, Indelible Grace Music). Please see the following website for more information regarding CrossPointe's doctrinal statement, leadership, history, and various ministries.
CrossPointe Church Website: www.crosspointemonroe.com
Monroe, Michigan Overview: Monroe is a city of approximately 20,000 people located on the western shore of Lake Erie. It is equal distance from Detroit (MI), Ann Arbor (MI), and Toledo (OH). Monroe offers a great blend of outdoor activities, historical landmarks, and city life.
Position Overview: The associate pastor of worship and discipleship works with the lead pastor in planning and implementing all areas of the gospel-centered worship ministry at CrossPointe Church. The associate pastor of worship and discipleship also works with the lead pastor in developing and strengthening the various ministries at CrossPointe Church.
- The associate pastor must be a man who humbly and joyfully desires to serve as an elder in a local church (1 Tim 3:1, 6; Titus 1:5-9).
- The associate pastor should be recognized by a local church through ordination (or willing to go through the ordination process at CrossPointe) as a man qualified for the office of elder (Titus 1:5; Eph 4:11-13; 1 Pet 5:1-3).
- The associate pastor should be a man who is actively pursuing holiness of life by the grace of God (1 Tim 4:7-10).
- The associate pastor should be evangelical, conservative theologically, and in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- The associate pastor should be proficient to lead vocally in gathered worship services.
- The associate pastor should be proficient to lead instrumentally with guitar and/or piano in gathered worship services.
- The associate pastor should have experience in leading a team of musicians.
- The associate pastor should have experience with audio and video technology.
- The associate pastor should have experience developing and leading discipleship ministries in a local church.
Gathered Worship Service Responsibilities:
- Direct the planning, organizing, and evaluating of a gospel-centered worship ministry.
- Recruit, train, and schedule the worship team members (music, sound, media).
- Lead and oversee weekly rehearsals for the worship team.
Additional Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage all church media content (website, social media).
- Work with the lead pastor and ministry team leaders to actively and creatively use all media content as a tool to communicate about the ministries of CrossPointe Church.
- Supervise and maintain all supplies, instruments, and equipment related to the worship ministry.
- Prepare an estimated annual worship ministry budget and administer the approved worship ministry budget.
- Upon request, assist in musical preparation for weddings, funerals, and other church and/or denomination related activities.
Discipleship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Disciple the worship team members and worship intern(s).
- Work with the lead pastor to identify and train ministry leaders.
- Work with the lead pastor to develop ministry vision for CrossPointe Church.
- Work with the lead pastor to lead CrossPointe to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Participate in scheduled ministry team leader meetings and staff meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours for focused time of prayer, study, and counseling.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
How to apply
Email resume along with links to samples of your worship leading to [email protected]