Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Mount Morris, IL Post Date: May 03, 2017
The Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris (IL) is seeking a full-time associate pastor to give leadership to youth ministry and worship ministry, as well as partnering in general pastoral ministry with the senior pastor and elders. We are looking for a man who meets the biblical qualifications for elders and has earned a Master of Divinity degree.
Mt. Morris is a small town in northwest Illinois, set in the gently rolling hills of the Rock River valley. It is about 30 miles southwest of Rockford and 100 miles west of downtown Chicago. Our church is a healthy congregation that includes young and old from Mt. Morris and several surrounding communities. We recently celebrated 60 years of ministry as a church.
As a pastor to our youth, he will shepherd students and serve parents as a resource for spiritual leadership within their families. This ministry should reflect the mission of the church in making disciples of Jesus Christ through a balance of worship, Bible teaching, service, and outreach.
Responsibilities as Pastor of Youth
- Recruit and develop a team of adult leaders/helpers
- Teach Sunday School class for senior high students (Sunday mornings)
- Plan and lead evening youth group meetings (Sunday evenings, currently including junior high)
- Be available to youth for personal discipleship and/or counseling
- Plan and lead special events (outings, retreats, service projects, mission trips)
As a pastor and worship leader, he will shepherd the congregation in the corporate expression and experience of God's grace and glory. Worship should be saturated by the Word of God, shaped by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and stretched by an expansive vision of our almighty, sovereign Lord. We use a range of worship styles to express and benefit from the historical, generational, and cultural diversity of the body of Christ.
Responsibilities as Pastor of Worship
- Coordinate worship teams (recruit, schedule, rehearse, develop musicians)
- Plan and lead Sunday morning worship services in cooperation with senior pastor
- Coordinate occasional special music
- Plan special services (seasonal, occasional)
- Coordinate and develop media team (sound, projection)
Responsibilities as Associate Pastor
- Meet regularly with senior pastor and staff to coordinate ministries within the church
- Serve on the Council of Elders, shepherding a portion of the congregation
- Serve on the Servant Board (elders and deacons)
- Preach in worship service (3-4 times per year)
- Assist senior pastor with visitation, weddings, and funerals as needed
How to apply
Learn about us at www.efcmm.org
Send a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org