Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship
Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Mora, MN Post Date: June 20, 2017
Emmanuel Baptist Church is looking for an Associate Pastor to lead in the areas of youth and worship. This qualified candidate should have a strong and growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, have a passion for engaging younger generations to place their affections on the glory of God, and has a passion for leading a congregation in rich, theologically saturated music. He must be college educated, preferably seminary trained or experienced in the related fields. He will display an ability to relate well with all populations and cultures represented at Emmanuel and the community of Mora, an ability to communicate and relate well with the church Board of Stewards, Elders, staff, and ministry teams. He will further be able to communicate effectively and appropriately in speech, writing, and digitally over social media; have a willingness and desire to pursue further job-related training and education; and must endorse and support Emmanuel Baptist Church's purpose, vision, values, covenant, and statement of faith.
Children, Youth, and Families (65%)
- Develop and implement a long-range plan for children & youth-Disciple and train youth volunteers
- Lead weekly youth meetings (Junior & Senior High)
- Teach a youth Sunday School class (Junior or Senior High)-Coordinate and attend mission trips, retreats, camps, outings, etc.
- Develop potential student leaders
- Work with parents of youth to train and teach about biblical and cultural issue
- Beginning of each Summer: Curriculum review and selection for children's Sunday School (birth - 6th grade)
- Prior to fall Sunday School launch: Train and equip elementary Sunday School teachers in their curriculum
- Prayerfully prepare order of worship for weekly services around the themes of the gospel: Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Consummation
- Develop and schedule worship teams who are united in heart around the purpose of glorifying God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by combining God's Word with music to help the gathered church to relive, cherish, and proclaim the gospel and to encourage each other to live for the glory of God.
- Recruit new artistic talent for the worship team
- Identify and disciple potential lay worship leaders
- Help the congregation to "sing a new song" by periodically introducing new music while maintaining an appropriately sized repertoire
- On Sundays when not leading worship (preaching, youth camps, vacations, etc.), coordinate a worship leader as a substitute-Oversee all technology, audio/video needs
Other Pastoral Duties (10%)
- Preach up to 6-8 times per year
- Keep regular office hours as appropriate with other duties
- Serve with other spiritual gifts not listed in this description
- Reports to the Senior Pastor
- Works with various individuals and groups detailed above to encourage, train, and nurture authentic disciples for Jesus Christ
- Will build a personal support team for prayer, encouragement, accountability, and guidance in leading the specific ministries outlined above.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume, along with a cover letter and references by August 1 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.emmanuelmora.com for more information about our church.