Associate Pastor, Student Ministries - First Baptist Church of Rochester
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Rochester Hills, MI Post Date: September 16, 2017
This position is primarily responsible for the ministry to students in 7th to 12th grade by overseeing, planning, developing, implementing, and nurturing spiritually-based relationships and programmatic ministries for students. This position will also give attention to ministries targeted to parents of students seeking to help and encourage them.
- Model Jesus Christ before the students of FBCR.
- Promote and fulfill the mission of FBCR in and through the Student Ministries.
- Encourage and challenge students to grow spiritually and personally.
- Provide pastoral care, including counseling for youth and their family and friends as needed (and appropriate).
- Serve as the primary teacher of the junior high and senior high ministries; delegating this responsibility as appropriate and necessary and accepting overall responsibility for the doctrine and teaching that students receive.
- Facilitate effective communication regarding Student Ministry programs and activities between youth, parents, and adult sponsors.
- Train, equip, and encourage adult .ponsors to serve in various areas of Student Ministries.
- Recruit adult sponsors as needed.
- Develop and implement an on-going evaluation process for the effectiveness of the junior high and senior high ministries.
- Develop and maintain competence in current cultural trends and program strategies.
- Accept financial oversight and responsibility for the Student Ministry budget including activities, programs, and mission trips.
- Encourage participation of students into the life of the congregation as active participants of the church family (membership, ministry involvement, etc.).
- As a member of the pastoral staff, work with church staff and other ministry leaders and volunteers, providing mutual support toward the harmonious functioning of all ministries.
How to apply
Please send resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org