Biblical/Pastoral Counseling Supervisor
Job type: Full-time
Location: Deering, NH Post Date: August 23, 2017
Nearly all of us have had our lives touched by destructive addictions and life-controlling behaviors, whether it was our own experience or someone else's. In our broken world, the human tendency is to turn away from God in our shame rather than run to Him. His Mansion Ministries was formed over 40 years ago on a working farm in New Hampshire to create space to seek the healing of Jesus Christ. We serve hurting and broken men and women who are bound by addictions and life-controlling issues, pointing them to the freedom found in relationship with Christ. Our staff live with their families on the property, providing a unique opportunity to minister relationally with residents. Through loving accountability in a Christian community, individual and group work, physical labor, and corporate worship, the hearts and lives of our residents are transformed.
We are currently looking for a Biblical/Pastoral Counselor to Supervisor oversee other Biblical/Pastoral Counselors and provide guidance to Residents in line with our mission, vision, and values. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee HMM Biblical/Pastoral Counselors
- Meet with Residents individually and provide support, feedback, and guidance in their healing processes
- Teach Resident classes as assigned
- Facilitate Resident group counseling exercises
- Assist with curriculum development
- Collaborate with other Counseling and Program staff regarding Resident care
- Lead men's and women's weekly care management meetings
- Oversee Counseling schedule
- Christ-likeness, strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values, and convictions
- Relationally focused and service driven
- Excited about a team approach to Christ-centered care
- 3-5 years' counseling experience, supervisory experience highly desired
- Training in mental health counseling, pastoral counseling, Biblical counseling, or social work
- Masters level (or higher) training in either counseling, psychology, social work, or ministry
This is a ministry position; employees live on our 316 acre farm in southern New Hampshire. A $6,000 annual stipend, housing, utilities and other fringe benefits are provided by His Mansion. Additional needs are raised individually by staff.
How to apply
Visit http://www.hismansion.com/staff to see a full position description. Email resumes to Mr. Courtney Jones, Director of Programs (Courtney@hismansion.com).