Children & Family Ministries Director
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Vancouver, Post Date: August 25, 2017
Families - the largest contingent of our congregation - is a key element of seeing our mission "to see our city and world renewed" lived out. We are seeking someone who is passionate about seeing children coming to know and love Jesus, but who also sees discipleship of the whole family as a necessary means of doing that.
General Responsibilities include:
- Having direct oversight/accountability for all kid's church programming. This would include Sunday morning service programming primarily, but would also include special church meetings and events.
- Equipping of parents to facilitate whole-family discipleship. This would include, but is not limited to: discipling parents to live out their gospel mandate to their children, library/media resourcing, workshops (led, hosted or attended) on a variety of family issues, and intentional meetings with parents and families.
- Developing strategies with DHBC board to see increased community/city engagement. This involves working with DHBC leadership to see overall mission and purpose of the church accomplished and lived out in our city.
- Committed follower of Jesus with a demonstrated commitment to continued spiritual growth
- Early Childhood education certification or equivalent educational/ministry experience
- Previous experience relevant to children's/family ministry role
- Possess strong relational and communication skills
- Previous experience and heart for ministry in an urban context
- Leadership, administrative experience and organizational skills
- Personal/work references
Please read the full Job Description here.
How to apply
Please read the full Job Description, and email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.