Children's Director at Christ Covenant (PCA)
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Knoxville, TN Post Date: September 20, 2017
This is a ministry position with the responsibility for the oversight and leadership of the Children's Ministry ages birth through fifth grade.
Christ Covenant is a PCA church in Knoxville, TN. For more information about Christ Covenant, visit www.christcov.org.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth through fifth grade.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new Children's Ministry volunteers.
- Communicate consistently with parents.
- Provide parents with the tools they need for the spiritual leadership growth of their children.
- Provide leadership and direction for the assimilation of children with disabilities, behavior challenges, and diverse backgrounds.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Work with the Mercy Ministry Director to involve families in local & global missions.
- Supervise and direct paid Children's Ministry staff and Mother's Day Out Director.
- Choose and prepare curriculum for Workshop Rotation Model Sunday School.
- Ensure that the Children's Ministry web page is current.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry's budget.
- Track and report weekly attendance numbers.
- Implement and maintain the child protection policy and execute an appropriate safety and security procedure for the ministry.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
- Meet regularly with the Leadership Team to discuss effectiveness.
- Provide shepherding care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow up.
- Partner with youth ministry to develop appropriate steps for transitioning kids into youth ministry.
How to apply
Send Resume to Seth Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org