About this role
The children's minister will provide guidance, oversight and leadership for the children's ministry while working cooperatively, and collaboratively with church staff, volunteers, department leaders, teachers, and community leaders to plan, promote, and coordinate, a comprehensive children's program that leads children to delight in Christ, develop into His image and devote to the Great Commission.
- Communicate God's Word to children creatively and effectively, in both small and large group settings.
- Recruit, train and maintain volunteers for support and leadership of the children's ministry for Sunday School, Extended Session, Children's Church, Mission Kids, Wednesday Childcare, Vacation Bible School, Summer Camp and other children's activities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with children and parents.
- Be available to assist with counseling children and their families, including following up with children who make a profession of faith.
- Develop, prepare and oversee budgets for the children's ministry and select and purchase materials within limits of the appropriated budget.
- Ensure children's ministry information is submitted to the Communications Department for Connect Card, Weekly Poster, calendars, website, etc...
- Encourage and be active in outreach to the community.
- Work alongside the Discipleship Staff to meet other needs that may arise.
- Maintain an active discipline of personal devotion, evangelism, discipleship and ministry.
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Woodridge Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21) Advise Discipleship Pastor or Executive Pastor of any potential or perceived instances wherein a lack of stewardship of the Church's resources is discovered.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to Glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Woodridge Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24)
- Because of the confidential nature of individual membership records, ministerial counseling, and much of the correspondence of staff, it is absolutely essential that the Children's Minister respect this confidence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Discipleship Pastor and Senior Pastor.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Woodridge Baptist Church's Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
How to apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected]Back to results