Children's Ministry Director
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Carol Stream, IL Post Date: June 01, 2017
Children's Ministry Director May 2017 The Position: Under the leadership of the family pastor, the director of children's ministry will lead and shepherd a growing team of committed volunteer staff that educate the children of Crossroads Community Church to know, love and serve Jesus.
Church, Position & Person Profile
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinating the Saturday night and Sunday morning educational program/worship for children by:
- Recruiting, equipping and shepherding a volunteer team of service coordinators, teachers, and assistants responsible for providing excellent biblical teaching and room management in age- leveled classrooms
- Training, overseeing and evaluating teachers and assistants during all services
- Putting in place a recruitment plan for teachers and assistants that leads to full room staffing
- Making sure that the service coordinators have staffed rooms appropriately each Sunday
- Previewing and selecting teaching material content that is biblically based, developmentally appropriate, and delivered with excellence by teachers
- Working toward growth in children's ministry in alignment with our church's purpose to make, baptize, and teach disciples
- Developing an outreach ministry that shares the gospel with children and their families in our local communities. Crossroads should become known in the community as a church that is boldly proclaims the gospel and strongly advocates for children.
- Partner with AWANA Commander to achieve a well-run AWANA program
- Coordinating summer events (VBS, 5-day clubs, etc.)
- Providing occasional activities where families can worship, interact, and play together
- Working as part of the overall leadership team at Crossroads by:
- Joining a staff that is highly relational, goal oriented, optimistic, unafraid of thoughtful change
- Attending weekly staff meetings (Tuesday mornings)
- Working towards growth in your personal walk with Christ and professional development
- Balancing the demands of family, work, and rest
- Supporting the overall vision of Crossroads as it pertains to children's ministry
- Helping families new to the church learn about the children's ministry opportunities at Crossroads
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Christian Education or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a ministry leader
- Relates well to children – children are drawn to them as a loving, caring, mentor and leader.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Displays confidence, maturity, and qualified experience in spiritual and family issues as a support to parents.
- A special concern for evangelism and discipleship of children and parents.
- Superior people skills across many demographics.
- Leadership experience in overseeing, mentoring, recruiting and developing a large volunteer network
- Proficient in the use of technology systems and development of reports
- Ministry must be the overflow of a daily, vibrant walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A mature and tested faith in Jesus Christ with a strong knowledge of the Bible.
- Uphold the philosophy, values, and doctrine of the church.
- This person will have a clear call to Christian ministry.
- Energized by love for Jesus Christ expressed in a warm love for the people of God.
- Consistently demonstrate mature judgment, high integrity, and well-developed leadership skills.
- Commitment to being a team player who takes interest in the personal and spiritual growth of staff and volunteers.
How to apply
Send your resume to email@example.com