Children's Ministry Director
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: East Moline, IL Post Date: September 13, 2017
Organization: Wildwood Church
Location: East Moline, IL
Description: Wildwood is a growing (400 avg attendance) church in the Midwest.
• Our vision is to build up the lives of our people to be like Christ and equip them to win & build upothers.
• Our kids matter. On any given Sunday there are 45+ kids environments.
• Our community is on the banks of the Mississippi River, about 3 hours west of Chicago and 3 hours east of Des Moines.
• Plan outreaches and events for various age groups. Some events will be for less than 50 people and some up to several hundred people.
• Be mentored by our Family Pastor as you practice recruiting strategizing, equipping, and executing ministry.
• Recruit and equip committed volunteers. Part of your role is to learn how to lead leaders, not do everything yourself.
• Partner with directors and parents by providing clear communication.
Children Ministries Director will grow as a leader through:
·Impacting families by equipping them with tools of discipleship
·Investing in the lives of volunteers
·Gaining experience in Family Ministry in a safe environment
·Enhancing skills in leading teams, making decisions, and teaching through experience andmentoring
Essential skills needed:
·Planning and organizing
Preferred skills needed:
Specific Areas of Assignment
1.Plan, arrange, and execute Family Ministry Events, which include, kids small group,kids production, nursery, Awana, VBS, Upward Basketball & Cheer, etc
2.Transition kids between phases of ministry at Wildwood (For example 5th gradersgoing into Middle School.)
3.Recruit and equip kids ministry volunteers in the following areas: skills necessary fortheir roles and development of relationships with kids and parents.
This is a salary position requiring approximately 35-45 hours a week depending on varying seasons of ministry.
How to apply
If interested in applying for this internship position, please contact: Gerad Hall at [email protected]