Children's Ministry Leader
Job type: Part-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: New Albany, IN Post Date: September 13, 2017
Position Summary: This is a part-time, salaried
exempt position that reports directly to the Senior Pastor or Elder Board. This position exists primarily to ensure thatthe children of Faith Community Church (FCC) receive age-appropriate trainingin the Word of God while being ministered to, loved, and given opportunitiesfor involvement in service and outreach. Ultimately the goal of children's ministry is to bring the children intoa knowledge of Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. This position also provides for importantservice and outreach opportunities for ministry volunteers.
Children's Ministry Leader
Faith Community Church,
New Albany, IN
1. Train the children under the authority of God's Word and direction of the HolySpirit.
2. Recruit, train and motivate volunteers to initiate and implement children's ministryprograms and classes as needed. (Thiswill require regular meetings with your volunteer team.
3. Establish and/or Implement written, bible-based FCC Children's Ministry goals andobjectives.
4. Develop or review and select curriculum materials and educational tools annually for usein training the children per the established biblical goals and objectives.
5. Develop and oversee Children's Special Events such as VBS, Easter Egg Hunt,Trunk-or-Treat, Christmas Musical, etc.
6. Initiate regular communication to the church regarding the Children's Ministry throughbulletin inserts, service announcements, and newsletter articles andinformation.
7. Ensure that teachers and leaders communicate regularly with the children through visits,phone calls, cards, etc.
8. Provide regular written communication to the Senior Pastor and/or Elder Board regardingthe current status of the children's ministry as well as progress updates ongoals and objectives and the presentation of plans in a 2-3 month look ahead.
9. Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies per the budget as needed forministries.
10. Commit to regular quality time in Bible study and prayer.
11. Display high character and discretionas a church and youth leader. Display discretion in theareas of social media and Christian liberties.
12. Since children will inevitably be influenced by the Children's Ministry Leader andwill be observing their lifestyle, the leader should abstain from smoking,drinking of alcohol, cursing and non-prescription drugs.
13. The expected time commitment for this position is an average of 15 hours perweek. This includes planning, implementation, connections outside of church, and other activities listed (1-9) that are children's ministry specific.
14. The Children's Ministry Leader is a member of the Church Council and should makeevery effort to attend all called Church Council meetings (typically one to twomeetings per year).
Time Off Benefits:
· This position is allowed threeSundays off per year for personal use (vacation) with pay
· The position is allowed twoadditional Sundays off with pay for ministry activities (mission trips,parachurch opportunities, camp counseling, etc.) with the approval of theSenior Pastor and/or the Elder Board.
How to apply
Please email resume & cover letter to David Harkleroad at [email protected]