Children's Pastor (part-time), English Ministry Pastor (full-time)
Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Ottawa, Post Date: August 11, 2017
Ottawa Korean Community Church is seeking to fill two positions:
1. Children's Pastor (part-time, currently 40-50 children);
2. English Ministry Pastor (full-time: currently 60-80 congregation)
The Ottawa Korean Community (OKCC) is a non-denominational evangelical church in downtown Ottawa, the capital of Canada. The Children's congregation of OKCC is made up of Korean and English-speaking 1.5 and 2nd generations of Korean immigrants. They are in Grades 1-6 . The EM congregation of OKCC mostly consists of English-speaking college and career adults of 1.5 and 2nd generations of Korean immigrants as well as other nationalities.
We are looking for one part-time Children's Pastor (CP) and one full-time English Ministry (EM) Pastor, who is a mature believer with Biblical training, has a heart for God and the fulfillment of the Great Commission, is committed to Biblically-based, Gospel centered teaching and has experience working with Children (CP) and young adults and families (EM) and is passionate about developing fully-committed disciples of Christ. We are not only looking for a strong spiritual leader of high moral integrity, but an individual who will work in harmony with our church family, leadership, and pastoral staff.
• A strong call from God to serve as a pastor
• Canadian Citizen, immigration status, or eligible to work in Canada
• A mature believer with strong passion and vision for Youth (CP) or young adults & families (EM)
• EM: Master of Divinity (M. Div.) or equivalent (obtained or in progress to obtain)
CP: Accredited Theology college degree or diploma (obtained or in progress to obtain)
• Fluent in English (a must for EM). Bilingual (English and Korean) is an asset.
How to apply
To apply, please submit:
1. CV including references and contact information
2. Introduction of Self and Statement of Faith
3. Sample Sermons – files or links
Submitted application documents will not be returned. Applicants might receive a request for more documents, such as copy of diploma(s) and proof of degree(s), social media links (Twitter, blogs, etc.), and a police check.
Salary will be determined based on ministry experience/responsibilities.
Application Deadline: 1 September 2017
Please submit questions and applications to: Elder Seong Yeon Choi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ottawa Korean Community Church www.ottawakoreanchurch.com
384 Arlington Ave., Ottawa, ON., K1R 6Z5 Tel: (613) 236-4442