Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: North Branch, MN Post Date: June 27, 2017
Access Church is looking for a Children's Pastor to joinour team. We are located in North Branch, MN about an hour north of the Twin Cities. At Access Church, we strive to stay relevant with our methods to draw people into a growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Rather than run from culture, we have chosen to harness it to connect with people and show them God's timeless truths. While we look un-traditional on purpose, we believe in and maintain a conservative theological position based on what the Bible teaches. View our website at www.accesschurchonline.org
A good candidate for the Children's Pastor position will have a calling from God to make a difference in kid's lives, not just looking for a "church job". The Children's Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of kids from birth through 5th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving children's services and special events. The successful Children's Pastor will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passionate love for kids, and have the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to children's classes and special events is a real plus.
- Establish vision, ministry philosophy, objectives, and strategies for the Children's Ministry that are lined up with the DNA of Access Church
- Create and manage yearly budget for the ministry
- Recruit, equip, motivate, and provide ongoing training and encouragement to develop leaders and volunteers for all areas of Children's Ministry
- Seek out biblical, creative, relational, and fun curriculum for a Children's Ministry.
- Implement children's registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices
- Provide shepherding and spiritual encouragement to ministry leaders.
- Partner with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of children and to foster their enthusiastic support of the ministry.
- Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors, and church staff through relationship building.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Develop weekly processes to follow up with guests
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Credentialed minister in the Assemblies of God or similar denomination, or willing to obtain credentials
- Strong organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of a complex ministry with a large number of departments, as well as plan and organize large events and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with parents and a large group of volunteers.
- Knowledge of different learning styles and curriculum
- Experience in recruiting, training, and motivating volunteers.
- A person of mature Christian experience and knowledge
- Fully subscribe to the Tenets of Faith as set forth in the Constitution and adopted by the Church.
- Committed to supporting the Church through tithes and offerings according to the scriptures.
- Experience in some form of ministry leadership related to children.
- At least one year experience in a leadership position.
- Event coordinating experience
This opening is for a full-time position with benefits; salary negotiable with experience. Applicant must be willing to move within 20 miles of our site to be considered. Spouses, if applicable, will also be brought in along the process.
How to apply
To submit your resume, please email Shaheen Eydgahi at firstname.lastname@example.org.