Citylight College Worship Intern
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Lincoln, NE Post Date: November 07, 2017
Who are we?
Citylight exist to multiply disciples of Jesus and churches. In 2012, Citylight was planted by a small core team that wanted to see Jesus do a new work in Omaha. Over the past four years God has shown tremendous grace to our church family. Citylight Lincoln kicked off just under a year ago and has grown from a small group praying in a living room to a spiritual family of more than 700 people. Additionally, over 50 have met Jesus in the last year and been baptized. Our college ministry "Citylight U", has grown to a movement of over 160 students that meet on Tuesday nights at 7 PM to worship Jesus and dig into His Word. We are a gospel centered church, meaning we allow the good news of Jesus Christ to shape ever area of our ministry, message and methods. For affirm the gospel coalition statement of faith, as well as the Christian Missionary Alliance Statement of faith.
Why College Ministry?
Lincoln is saturated with over 30,000 students that attend University of Nebraska Lincoln, Wesleyan University, and Southeast Community College. We believe the college campus is the most strategic mission field in our state. Tomorrow's cultural trends will be shaped by the leaders that are present on our campus today. Students are making significant decisions about what they believe to be true and we want to see students experience Jesus, worship Jesus, and be mobilized to serve Jesus.
Who we are looking for?
The Citylight College Worship Intern/Resident must possess:
1. Christ-like Character.
We believe you will reproduce what you are. We want them to posses a deep love for Jesus and a lifestyle that is in obedience to Jesus's commands and Lordship.
We are not looking for someone who simply wants a job working with college students. We get it, college students are a blast to hang with! But we are looking for an individual who has a strong calling and desire to leverage their life for gospel proclamation and demonstration. We want some who is passionate about Jesus, college students and the local church.
We are looking for an individual who has the ability to lead the church into worship. We are looking for a leader, who can identify and develop students in the art of worship. We are looking for someone who can clearly articulate the Gospel through musical worship. Additionally, we are looking for someone who naturally creates a fun, warm, safe culture for college students to belong to.
Salary and Benefits:
- *(Must be willing to raise support)
- $500 Monthly Stipend
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off/vacation days and sick days
- Direct Report will be College Director, Michael Brown
- Developed by Worship Director, Brett Monge
1) Lead Worship
- Prepare songs/ sets that align with the sermon's theme.
- Help organize and plan the CLU Tuesday night Gatherings
- Lead worship at Tuesday Gatherings/ CLU event
- Oversee mid-week worship team rehearsals.
- Oversee volunteer schedules in planning center
- Ensure songs are theologically correct and gospel centered.
- Oversee Auditions and Musician Assimilation for college ministry.
- Help develop musical competencies and empower volunteers to help lead.
- Invest spiritually in your team of musicians.
- Help disciple, counsel and mature those on your team.
- Give on going feedback, encouragement to team members.
- Spend time with team members outside of rehearsals (Coffee/ Lunch etc)
3. Be a Humble Team Player
- Attend Citylight Staff Prayer Gatherings
- Participate in Citylight Sermon/ Message team meetings
- Help Organize and Set up for large events
- Plug into a City Group and attend weekly
4. Coach and Resource our Church Plants
- Help Citylight Church Plants develop worship teams/ new leaders
- Help Citylight Church Plants understand equipment needs
- Work toward multiplying worship leaders- so that we can send out Godly, trained and equipped worship leaders.
How to apply
Email interest and resume to [email protected]