Job type: Part-time
Location: Greenwich, CT Post Date: August 17, 2017
The goal of the Stanwich Church Communications Director is to amplify the theological voice of the church and multiply its vision to know Christ and make Him known. The role requires a spiritually mature, artistically creative visionary who can oversee and deliver all the church's internal and external communications. He or she seeks to hear God's voice, along with the pastors, before designing multifaceted communications for evangelism and discipleship in an intergenerational and multicultural setting across two campuses.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Communications Director will collaborate with the Pastors, Executive Director, and Ministry Directors to create communication strategies, messaging, campaigns, and resources. This role will also collaborate and work closely with Pastors Assistant / Communications Coordinator on the design and delivery of these communications.
- To amplify the theological voice of the church and in creative ways further its vision to know Christ and make Him known.
- Implement an integrated and overarching annual communication plan that aligns with the overall church strategy and communication flow for the church year.
- Create, collaborate, oversee, and execute all aspects of communication, messaging, branding, and marketing – including:
Website – lead in the creation or enhancement of the Stanwich Church website as an effective and vibrant tool for ministry and communication for those searching for or part of the Stanwich community.
Promotions – exhibit church programs creativity, excellently, and effectively; e.g. sermon series graphics, ministry promotions, sermon-related discipleship application tools, stewardship campaigns, newsletters, web announcements, and print materials.
Social Media – in collaboration with pastors and ministry directors, generates and manages all ongoing messaging for sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Volunteer Teams – develop a team to accomplish communications goals, including artists, designers, photographers, and video media producers.
Media Relations – oversee efforts to develop positive relationships with local and national media and design a policy for responding to media attention.Qualifications:
- A strong theological background, preferably with seminary level training.
- A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a commitment to the vision and work of Stanwich Church.
- A degree in Communications, Graphic Design or media related work experience.
- A creative eye for excellent design and an expertise in media technologies.
- An organized, diligent, collaborative, flexible, and service-driven work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Skills in the use of Web, Social Media, Microsoft Office, or Google Suite.
- Upon request, provide portfolio of communication campaigns, graphic designs, or video production samples.
How to apply
If interested in this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to Bob Rieger, Executive Director at email@example.com. Your cover letter should include a brief summary of why you feel called to this opportunity to serve and why you would be a good candidate in the role of Communications Director at Stanwich Church. For further inquiries, please call the church office (203 661-4420) and ask for Bob Rieger or Nathan Hart, Associate Pastor.