Job type: Part-time
Location: Livermore, CA Post Date: July 08, 2017
Job Description: Connections Specialist
Reports to: Pastor
Part time Salary Paid Staff (20) hours a week
The Connections Specialist is responsible for connecting people into Trinity Church including implementing connection processes, managing the church assimilation strategy, and assisting ministryteams with their volunteer management and the systems that they use to trackoverall volunteer participation. Successful candidate will be a servant, compassionate, discreet, dependable, driven, enthusiastic, flexible, humble, and a problem solver
DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Pastor by providing training to volunteers and on a church-wide basis, help visitors get plugged into Trinity Church (TC) through membership, groups and serviceDevelop and maintain a system to track membership and participation
- Promote membership covenant within Trinity to increase attendance in membership classes each quarter
- Assist the Pastor and deacons with coordinating the logistics involved with teaching a "Next Steps" class and covenant process through room requests, sound requests, arranging for chairs to be set up and enlist volunteers, etc.
- Prepare people for new member interviews
- Set up new member interview and tracking system
- Track members' service and outreach performance
- Assist ministry teams with implementation and problem-solving, managing databases for attendance, registration, etc.
- Promote multiple venues for people to assimilate to Trinity Church (ie. Small Groups, family functions, etc.)
- Clerical duties as necessary
- Additional duties as needed
- Work with our Small Group leadership team :
- Ensure that people who sign up for small groups are placed in a timely manner
- Produce marketing pieces to support small group enrollment as needed
- Track small group enrollment and retention.
- Work with ministry leaders and the Pastor to:
- Implement a system to centralize volunteer management
- Ensure all volunteers are contacted in a timely manner
- Track volunteer retention rate
- Develop and implement a volunteer "exit Interview" process
- Produce monthly reports showing why volunteers no longer serve
- Develop and maintain a system to check in with volunteers at set intervals
- Monitor volunteers to ensure they are "healthy" and not burning out.
- · A thorough knowledge of English and arithmetic, and general office methods, procedures and practices
- · The ability to plan, develop, and manage multiple projects
- · The ability to read and write effectively
- · The ability to use independent judgment
- · Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- · Strong organizational skills
- · Detailed oriented
- · The ability to maintain confidentiality
- · Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience
- · The ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- · Flexibility
- · Computer proficiency with speed and accurate data input skills
- · Proficiency with Office Suite
- · Proficiency with Shelby Next or equivalent database management experience
- · Ability of leading volunteer teams or willing to learn
- · Servant, Compassionate, Discreet, Dependable, Driven, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Humble, Problem Solver
Education and/or Experience:
Two or more years college education preferred Minimum of five years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To see more about Trinity Church go to www.trinitylivermore.org and see our Facebook and Instagram page.
How to apply
Send photo, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org