Contemporary Worship Leader
Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Cincinnati, OH Post Date: July 20, 2017
Oversees the planning and execution of the Sunday morning Contemporary Service. The primary responsibilities of the part time worship leader will be to grow the music worship ministry at College Hill Presbyterian Church (www.chpc.org).
Specific DutiesSpecific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in creating and implementing new music genres specifically targeting millennials and young families which align with the mission and vision at CHPC.
- Lead the Sunday morning band at second service and oversee the worship teams (vocalists and instrumentalists).
- Consult with Assistant Pastor and Worship & Media Producer to coordinate music for Sunday services. Seek new music to incorporate into team's repertoires.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of special services such as Christmas, Lent and Easter and others as presented.
- Develop ministry partners through coaching in vocal instruction and instrumental development.
- Work with Worship & Media Producer to review worship lyric screens.
- Attend and lead Wednesday evening rehearsals with worship band.
- Attends all Sunday morning worship services and other special worship services as needed.
- Foster an environment that leads to recruitment and development of new musicians.
- Perform other duties as directed to support a high quality contemporary worship experience.
- Strong Christ-centered believer, grounded in Scripture
- Enthusiastic team builder with the ability to equip others
- Strong vocal skills as well as piano and/or guitar competence is desired
- Able to facilitate worship in a diverse, multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- Committed to Jesus Christ
- Spiritually growing
- Integrity – wholly surrendered and committed to Christ in all areas of life
- Led by the Holy Spirit
- Exemplifies the CHPC Core Principles
- Team Player
ACCOUNTABILITYThis position reports to Assistant Pastor of Worship & Young Adults
How to apply
To apply, send resume to [email protected]