Creative Arts Pastor
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Collierville, TN Post Date: March 28, 2017
We're looking for someone who's pastorally inclined, theologically reformed, liturgically minded, hymnally literate, and musically adept in the folk/Americana genre to lead in our gathered worship and culture making endeavors.
St. Patrick Worship Mandates:
- Ever-increasing truth, goodness, and beauty (excellence) in our services.
- Producing cultural goods that celebrate God's story through St. Patrick.
The Creative Arts Assistant Pastor is:
Creative (15 hours)
- Engages and empowers the artistic community within St Patrick toward fresh expressions of the liturgy
- Meets with pastor(s) once per month to plan out creative engagement according to the upcoming liturgical season.
- Curates the congregational repertoire with special attention to not only theological orthodoxy, but also cultural contextualization.
- Oversees and coordinates communication media and design for gatherings
- Writes, arranges and teaches new songs
Pastoral (15 hours)
- Makes disciples through instruction, immersion, and imitation, especially in
- the areas of Worship/Tech and Youth/Young adults
- Provides the primary pastoral presence in student ministry, guiding areas of
- teaching, counseling, and leader development
- Recruits, trains, and deploys and reviews artistic/technical personnel
- Pursues personal growth in spiritual, emotional, and professional areas
- Maintains the qualifications of a deacon, pursue elder track
Administrative (5 hours)
- Selects songs and schedules musicians via Planning Center for each Sunday by the 15th of each month for the following month, including special and communion music.
- Confirms all musicians confirmed by Tuesday of each week.
- Ensures that music is prepared and chorded
Professional (5 hours)
- Is well-rehearsed and polished as a performer
- Conducts weekday rehearsal to prepare artists
- Arrives at least 90 minutes prior to services to prepare for worship.
- Initiates with scheduled A/V personnel to ensure technical accuracy and excellence.
How to apply
Visit our website to learn more about our family's story.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, creative portfolio, and video of you leading worship.