Job type: Full-time
Location: New York, NY Post Date: June 13, 2017
This position has primary responsibility for assembling the annual City to City (CTC) budget; understanding and ensuring allocations of revenues and expenses are appropriately recorded; assembling robust management, field and donor reporting; interfacing with Redeemer Presbyterian Church (RPC) finance department in regards to the accounting, accumulation and assimilation of financial statements and auditor engagement.
The position holder will assist the Senior Director, Ministry Operations in overall administrative, financial and risk management operations of the ministry to effectively serve its stakeholders.
- Understand the ministry operations and translate this knowledge into effective budgeting and financial models;
- Ability to creatively think and run financial models as Senior Director, Ministry Operations requires from time to time;
- Ability to look at other ministries and understand key ratios and how our ministry is comparable or not comparable;
- Collaborate with senior leadership from time to time to assess and make recommendations on strategic business opportunities.
- Do the requisite planning for the annual financial budget
- Execute the financial design and budget creation for donor proposals and grants (how CTC depicts our financial costs to donors in grants and other proposals that solves our operating needs);
- Create financial reports for foundation grants and donors on particular projects;
- Oversee the City Renewal Fund global model which includes reporting, fulfillment of procedures and policies;
- Write foundation reports and periodically edit other grant reports that we send to donors and foundations;
- Develop strong budget to actual reports for ministry, segment reporting as needed, and joint venture reporting for the NY Project
Financial & Regulatory Information:
- Review and ensure the accuracy of all financial reports to taxing authorities and other stakeholders;
- Understand bylaws and ensure we are meeting the appropriate requirements as it relates to financial information;
- Provide ongoing recommendations on how to develop efficiencies and continue to be a strong fiduciary as it relates to donor contributions;
- Report financial results to the Board of Directors
- Identify and monitor key risks to the ministry;
- Design appropriate reporting, systems and controls to mitigate risks and appropriately report those risks to the Board of Directors, Executive management, and advisors and key stakeholders;
- Monitor and recommend insurance coverage levers to ensure appropriate coverage;
- Assist in ensuring that the ministry complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- Assist in ensuring that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies;
- Assist in maintaining relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts;
- To the extent the ministry ever has outstanding debt, maintain compliance reporting and debt covenants on outstanding debt
- Participates in development and improvement of relationships with strategic partners including service providers, clients, potential partners, investors, internal and external auditors, and other key business contacts;
- Share responsibility for overseeing donor communications
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.