Director of Development
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: St. Paul, MN Post Date: June 20, 2017
Anselm House seeks a Director of Development to help advance its mission of connecting faith and knowledge with all of life at the University of Minnesota.
The position's responsibilities include setting strategic direction for advancement initiatives and leading a small advancement team; working with Executive Director and Program Director in seeking major gifts and grants for strategic initiatives; stewarding existing donor relationships and developing new long-term relationships that discern alignments between donor interests and Anselm House's mission; overseeing and coordinating communications between Anselm House and its diverse constituency of university members, churches and church members, volunteers, and donors. The successful candidate will report to Anselm House's Executive Director.
- Excellent communications skills (speaking, listening, and writing)
- Task-oriented and self-starting, maintaining an active schedule of meetings and correspondence
- 5+ years experience in cultivating major gifts using a thoughtful, donor-centered approach
- Passion for the Anselm House mission and vision
- Understanding of the importance of academic life (and work more generally) in Christian terms
- Ability to engage winsomely with a range of denominational and/or theological traditions within orthodox, creedal Christianity
- Personal Christian commitment and membership in a local church
- Bachelor's degree, with formal or informal theological training preferred
- Flexible schedule
- Full benefits
- Start date and salary negotiable
How to apply
To apply, submit a CV or resume and detailed cover letter electronically to email@example.com. Accepting applications now until position is filled – post will be updated when it has been filled.