Director of Family Ministry
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Hong Kong, Post Date: July 28, 2017
Watermark Community Church Hong Kong Limited
Watermark is an English-speaking international multicultural church seeking to impact Hong Kong and other parts of Asia in a powerful way through the life changing message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our mission is to glorify God and to be His agents in helping people take the next step on their spiritual journey to become a follower of Christ. We exist to see the Gospel transform lives in Hong Kong and beyond.
VACANCY: Director of Family Ministry
We are seeking a leader for Watermark, who will shape the vision of Watermark Kids and Youth in alignment with Watermark's vision, and impact children and families of our church body with the gospel in a way that leads them closer to Christ, to one another in community and propels them to reach the city around them.
- Native-level English
- Received training and/or have 2 years of experience in the field(s) of biblical studies, Children or Youth ministry in a church/Christian education, or local educational administration
- Excellent computer skills – MS Suite, Google applications
- Be familiar with the inner workings of church life
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Be able to work well with people of different cultural and denominational backgrounds
- Personal qualities: live a god-honoring life, self-motivated, creative, attention to detail, flexible, enthusiastic, tactful, patient and relational
- Passion for kids and family discipleship
- Plan the main vision for Watermark Kids and Youth in collaboration with the church leadership, and outline goals and milestones
- Motivate and empower staff and volunteers to implement plans (50 volunteer leaders)
- Encourage the spiritual growth of youth and kids at Watermark in a strategic and intentional way
- Encourage and support parents in shepherding their children by building relationships with parents, and providing suitable resources and training events
- Meet with key people serving in the ministry for discipleship
- Come alongside the parents and families that make up those groups in order to equip them for ministry
Organisation and planning
- Organise or enable events for families to gather together and form community and relationships, which would include but is not limited to Easter (lenten), Vacation Bible School and Christmas (advent)
- Oversee the administrative aspects of children and youth classes on Sundays, including curriculum, supplies, logistics and volunteer rostering (10-20/class, total of 65 kids, ~20 youth)
- Oversee the planning of Youth activities
- Formulate budget, liaise with administration as needed on venue needs and logistics
Job Location: Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including availability and expected salary to email@example.com. Medical benefits included and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.