Director of Ministry for Children and Families
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Marietta, GA Post Date: August 25, 2017
The Director of Ministry for Children and Families is a full-time position responsible for the oversight and development of children's ministry from birth through fifth grade, for growing Christ-centered mentoring relationships among volunteers, and for equipping and encouraging families in discipleship.believer able to clearly communicate faith.
- Possesses a strong commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and exhibits obedience and reverence for His Word; candidate is a mature believer able to clearly communicate faith.
- Commits to, and is doctrinally aligned with the visions, belief, and values of Eastminster Presbyterian Church and ECO as reflected in the Essential Tenants.
- Has a joyful spirit, a passionate heart for children, and feels called to express eternal truths and love of Christ to children of all ages.
- Is able to discern the needs and opportunities to effectively connect and minister to families and volunteers within the church and in the surrounding community.
- Thinks creatively and strategically to initiate change as led by the Spirit and affirmed by ministry leadership.
- Evinces gifts for leadership, administration, encouragement, shepherding, and teaching.
- Oversees and develops a ministry vision for the next season of ministry to children and their families, including creation of a Wednesday Night program and other opportunities to encourage family discipleship.
- Provides support in developing and nurturing Children's Ministry leadership, including recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers.
- Remains current on Children's Ministry and educational resources.
- Reviews, selects, and recommends to the Discipleship Team materials for Christian Life Training classes for preschool through fifth grade.
- Provides leadership for VBS.
- Works with Preschool Director to coordinate shared use of classrooms, leads preschool chapel, and connects with preschool families.
- Maintains accurate records on volunteers to comply with EPC Policies.
- Provides administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting, calendar coordination, and facility use.
- Delivers Children's Message in both church worship services.
- Leads, develops curriculum, and coordinates volunteers for Children's Church during both services.
- Staffs and manages childcare for infants and toddlers on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and other church events.
- Meets weekly with staff and leads Children's Ministry Team.
- Serves as ex officio on Discipleship Team and Preschool Board.
- Responds in a timely manner to ministry leadership, volunteers, and families.
Professional Qualifications and Skills
- Has earned a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university and/or has acquired extensive experience in children's ministry.
- Demonstrates technological competence with computers and social media, verbal and written communication skills, and listening skills.
- Is able to initiate and work independently, as well as collaborate as a team member.
- Total compensation is negotiable based on experience and education.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send resumes to email@example.com.