Director of Modern Worship
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Mentor, OH Post Date: April 14, 2017
The mission of Mentor United Methodist Churchis to lead all onto a path of Christ-centered discipleship. We are looking for a leader who inspires the worship team to join in thepursuit of that vision while creating dynamic worship as our new
Director of Modern Worship- iConnect
We are looking for a full time, faithful leader whose heart for worship and compassion to invest inthe lives of others is clearly evident in all they do. Recruiting musicians,running rehearsals, choosing media for multiple services, the Director weavestogether all the various elements for a worship service to come together andhelp usher people into the Presence of God. The successful candidate will have aproven track record of planning and coordinating worship and must haveexperience working alongside production, technical and media ministry staffmembers.
Pleasesubmit your resume in PDF or Word form, including 3 references, to email@example.com. Use "Attention Director ofModern Worship Search Committee" as the subject line of your email. A full jobdescription will be provided to you upon application. You can also visit ourwebsite at mentorumc.org. to learn moreabout our church family.
Themission of Mentor United Methodist Church is to lead all onto a path ofChrist-centered discipleship. We are looking for aleader who inspires our worship team to join in the pursuit of that visionwhile creating dynamic, meaningful worship as our new
Director of Modern Worship- iConnect
Faithful Christian leader committed the collaborative process of creating worship that isvisionary and diverse while helping usher peopleinto the Presence of God.
Ideally full time, with 2-4 years in a music education or leadership position,preferably experience with worship bands and modern worship.
Strong organizing, planning, and coordinating skills and the ability/willingness to use a team approach to create music ministries with both trained and untrained musicians.
Proficient with technology in worship and the use of sound, lighting, computers, PowerPoint, and video projection (Worship Planning and Media Shout helpful)
1. Grow the worship team by recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians/vocalists in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and compassion to invest in the lives of others.
2. Lead weekly rehearsals that prepare for Sunday and cultivate a Christ-centered community while providing creative and technical guidance to the band, vocalists, sound, & AV team. Attend, participate and assist at the 9 & 11 am iConnect worship services.
3. Schedule musicians, vocalists, announcers and music using Worship Planning with arolling month lead time.
4. Work with iConnect Lead Team to develop meaningful modern worship including planning& scheduling of all special elements (Visuals, dance, drama, video, stagedesign, prayer and communion.)
5. Select music, develop worship sets, purchase and introduce new music, for the iConnectservice.
6. Explore and suggest creative elements and musical options for possible use in worship.
7. Work with the whole church staff team to advance the mission of the congregation. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals wereattained or modified during the year.
Who we are:
Mentor UMC is a large suburban church, east of Cleveland, that offersboth traditional and modern worship (iConnect). We have approximately 1600members, with a weekly attendance of approximately 600.
Interested Candidates: Please submit your resume in PDF or Word form, including 3references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "Attention Director of Modern Worship Search Committee" as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to whichyou post, blog, or post photos. A full job description will be provided to you upon application.
Please visit our website at mentorumc.org.
How to apply
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word form, including 3 references, to email@example.com. Use "Attention Director of Modern Worship Search Committee" as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos.