Director of Operations
Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Seattle, WA Post Date: July 11, 2017
The role of the Director of Operations is to assist the Executive Pastor and the Elders of the church in the day-to-day management and operations of the church by helping train, equip, and shepherd volunteers, ministry leads, and others for the work of the ministry. The Director of Operations is responsible for all aspects of operation, including day-to-day finances, facilities, events, Sunday services, ministry leads, volunteers, and technology. This role requires a firm understanding of how to delegate leadership and tasks as well as creatively thinking through ways of leveraging volunteers, ministries, facilities, technology, our website and more, to see more people meaningfully connected to Jesus.
Although this is a Deacon level role, a candidate should have a heart and aspiration for pursuing pastoral ministry.
- Work with the Executive Pastor in the business administration of the church, including: cash flow, contributions, insurance, banking and financing, payroll, leases, loans, and budget planning and oversight
- Monitor income from offerings, events, and investments as well as expenditures
- Human Resource Management – help the Executive Pastor in hiring, on-boarding, negotiation of insurance and other benefits, etc
- Work with financial institutions and advisors to ensure DCC's policies match practice
- Oversee, provide leadership, and help coach service teams or ministry leaders towards healthy leaders and healthy teams. Recruit, train and mentor leaders to recruit, train and mentor volunteers
- Ensure Sunday gatherings and all events are sufficiently staffed and run smoothly
- Work with event coordinator in planning and executing special events
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of computer, information, technology, church management software, and communication systems
- Constantly look for ways that church systems can be streamlined and improved
- Provide leadership over ministry leads and volunteers in order to ensure that the facilities and grounds are maintained in a quality condition through systems of cleaning, maintenance, and improvements
- Oversee facility maintenance, scheduling, set-ups, cleaning, safety and security, for all services and special events
- Work with contractors, inspectors, and vendors in all building maintenance and upkeep (HVAC, Fire, plumbing and electrical, etc.)
- Serve as liaison to landlord, city, county, or other governmental agencies regarding property issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Agree with DCC's Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Fulfill the duties required of DCC members as outlined in the membership covenant
- Fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as taught in the scriptures
- Be able to help "shepherd the flock" (1 Pt 5:1-5) as a discipler, first and foremost
- Be a humble servant leader who has a desire to work hard and be flexible in a team atmosphere
- Be a teachable self-starter and have willingness to learn and grow as the needs of the church change
- Have a deep love and passion for the gospel, the bible, and the local church
- Have the ability and a proven track record of "equipping the saints for the work of the ministry"
- Have the ability to communicate, plan, manage projects, teams and volunteers
- Have an eye for details combined with a big-picture vision
- Skill in computer, networking, IT, ChMS, and website technologies (mac based) is a plus
HOURS AND BENIFITS:
- Full Time: Approximately 45 hours/week
- Schedule: Typically Sunday through Thursday (notwithstanding special events/trainings)
- Vacation: 15 days floating vacation with one week additional vacation between Christmas and New Years + 5 personal days
- Salary: 65-85K. Depends on skill, experience, and qualifications.
- Other Benefits: Full Medical/Dental/Disability, Retirement: up to 4% matching; Monthly cell phone and book stipend.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, visit our website downtowncornerstone.org/jobs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.