Director of Youth Ministry
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Byron Center, MI Post Date: April 24, 2017
First Byron Christian Reformed Church is a growing church making a great impact in thecommunities to the southwest of Grand Rapids in Byron Center. This church is in a suburban setting about 15 miles from Grand Rapids. The church has 850 total in weekly attendance each Sunday.
The Student Ministry:The church has 125 middle school and high school students weekly and a solidcore of 23 volunteer leaders for this group.
- Direct the church's ministry to middle school and high school students
- Lead middle school and high school meetings: Planning, coordination, teaching (working closely with volunteers in these matters)
- Planning, organizing, and executing events, retreats, mission trips, conventions, etc.
- Relational ministry which maintains and interest in youth activities outside the church (ex: campus visits, sporting events, etc.)
- Provide a ministry of counseling, visits and/or care to the youth of the church as needed
- Provide a ministry of support to parents of youth
- Participate in profession of faith classes
- Serve on Youth and Education Committees
- Teach one catechism class
- A passionate love for God and His Word, and will be a true disciple of our Lord Jesus
- This person will be in agreement with our Reformed Confessions: The Heidelberg Catechism, Canons of Dort, and the Belgic Confession
- Ability to effectively teach and lead group meetings with students and volunteer leaders
- A love for young people
- Ability to effectively communicate with both young people and parents
- A daily, deep fellowship with God marked by prayer and study of God's Word
- Ability to work as a team player (as this position requires the candidate to work closely with volunteer leaders and other church staff)
- Ability to work well with others in both group and one on one settings
- Understand and love Reformed Theology
- Youth ministry coursework and/or experience preferred
- Active member of the 1st Byron congregation (or willingness to become)
- Candidate does not need to be ordained
How to apply
If qualifications are met, please submit resume and cover letter by emailing email@example.com. We will reply to qualified applicants with a church profile and an overview of our current youth ministry program. Please do not call the church; all initial correspondence should be done through email.
Our anticipated start date is September 1, 2017.