Emmaus City Church Pastoral Intern 12-Month Residency
Job type: Part-time
Location: Worcester, MA Post Date: April 05, 2017
Emmaus City Church seeks to share and show the Good News with Worcester, Massachusetts as we bring the joy and justice of His kingdom to our beloved city. We pray to bring people of all cultures together to learn to follow Jesus together in community, graciously loving others and generouslyserving the city for the glory of God.
The position is a 12-month pastoral residency. We are seeking a man to gain experience and training in serving and discipling at a missional community-based urban church plant in Worcester, MA. Ethnic minority candidates are highly encouraged to apply as we desire to be a multicultural church that reflects God's kingdom.
This person will need to have 2-3 years of experience in a local urban church involving teaching, evangelism, outreach, mercy, reconciliation and justice. We're looking for a man who would be described as having integrity and humility, and being gentle, peaceful, generous, hospitable, faithful, available, teachable and able to teach. If married and/or with children, we're looking for someone who leads his family to walk in the ways of Jesus. A considered candidate would also read and agree with the "Our World Belongs to God" statement of faith: http://www2.crcna.org/pages/our_world_main.cfm as well as the "Soma Distinctives": http://wearesoma.com/resources/our-distinctives/.
- Love Jesus, Emmaus City Church, and the city of Worcester, Mass.
- Meet with Pastor Mike weekly and be committed to a City Group (i.e. missional community) and learn how to lead one
- Gather with Emmaus City for Sabbath gatherings and Gospel Mission Trainings (GMTs)
- Develop relationships with local organizations who are serving cross-culturally
- Work a steady part-time job or fundraise and live in the city of Worcester
- Fundraise support for any needed additional funding
- Compensation: $1,250 per month / $15,000 housing allowance for 12 months
- Time frame: July 2017-July 2018
How to apply
- Review jesuslovesworcester.com / emmauscitychurch.com and http://www.emmauscity.blogspot.com to learn more about Emmaus City Church.
- Review http://www.eastendfellowship.org and http://www.missiodeicommunities.com for examples of churches we emulate and seek to become more like.
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, May 26, 2017.