Executive Director (Urban youth mentoring and discipleship program)
Job type: Full-time
Location: Dallas, TX Post Date: December 01, 2017
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Champions of Hope, as well as the vision caster and protector of the mission. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and maintaining community and partner relationships.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization's mission.Responsible for leading Champions of Hope in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Champions of Hope, to include submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Responsible for fundraising and developing other relationships and resources necessary to support Champions of Hope's mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community and partner relationships.Responsible for implementation of Champions of Hope's programs that carry out the organization's mission.
Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Champions of Hope can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
Responsible for the enhancement of Champions of Hope's name by being trustworthy, active and visible in the community and by working closely with other like-minded professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.Responsible for the effective administration of Champions of Hope operations.
Responsible for the hiring, development, and retention of competent, qualified staff.
Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Required Qualifications:Profession of faith in Jesus Christ and a personal relationship with Him and membership in a local church that aligns with the organization's Statement of Faith
Desire to serve the South Dallas community, both the afflicted and poor, and a resolve to support both staff and members of this organization to the best of one's ability
Agreement with and therefore signing the Champions of Hope Statement of Faith
A bachelor's degree
Transparent and high integrity leadership
Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
Ability to convey a vision of Champions of Hope's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
Demonstrated ability to oversee, develop, and collaborate with staff
Strong public speaking ability
Commitment to become a mentor within 6 months of beginning employment
Reside in South Dallas by third year of employment
Preferred Qualifications:Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
Past urban ministry leadership experience
Record of self-starter or entrepreneurial spirit and success
Previous youth mentoring or long-term relational ministry experience
Experience with grant-writing
Experience with general accounting principles
Actual Job Responsibilities: Planning and operation of annual budget.
Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
Serving as Champions of Hope's primary spokesperson to the organization's constituents, the media and the general public.
Establish and maintain relationships with various churches and organizations throughout the city and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Champions of Hope's Mission.
Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the city.
Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
Strategic planning and implementation.
Oversee staff, organization, board and committee meetings.
Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
Review and approve contracts for services.
Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality.2. Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information from a vast amount of entities.3. Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English..4. Requires ability to concentrate on fine details with some interruption; ability to focus attention on task for 45-60 minutes at a time on a continuous basis.5. Requires ability to understand and relate to the theories behind several related concepts; ability to remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to long periods of time.6. Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, churches, organizations, etc.7. Requires excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task.8. Requires professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others. 9. Commitment to Christian principles and teaching both professionally and personally required.10. Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, and general email and internet skills. 11. Sufficient good health to properly discharge duties as required. The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks and essential functions of this job so that employees can be aware and understand what is expected of them. The description also provides information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. A job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The description will be revised as job responsibilities change materially.I acknowledge that I have read this job description and any questions or concerns have been asked and answered to my satisfaction. I acknowledge that I can perform all of the essential functions of this job. I acknowledge that I thoroughly understand the requirements of this job.Signature:
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO
How to apply
Email resumes to: [email protected]