Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Lexington, NC Post Date: August 29, 2017
To serve the Sr. Pastor and church staff to help them accomplish their ministrygoals.
General: To serve the Sr. Pastorand church staff to help them accomplish their ministry goals.
1. Oversee the church staff, including:
F. Planning and facilitating staff meetings and retreats
G. Holding staff accountable to spiritual disciplines, spiritual growth, and professional growth
H. Holding staff accountable to establishing and meeting goals
I. Reviewing performance
J. General hiring oversight through StrategicPlanning Commission (SPC).
2. Attend all Elder Commission meetings,serving as the staff liaison
3. Support the Senior Pastor, as the leader ofthe church, in any way needed
4. Perform duties of a Christian leader as officialduties of my position, meaning that I will:
A. Be a messenger, giving myself away for the sake of the least and the lost. This will includereaching out to those who need Christ and His Church.
B. Be a discipler, investing in the life of a few by leading a small group.
C. Be a leader-equipper, leading all of ministries through lay Ministry Teams, which oversee theministry or at least provide significant input and counsel.
D. Operate all of the ministries through "Serving Teams" small groups, each with a leader, recruiter, and shepherd (who may be one, two, or three separate individuals).
E. Be a shepherd, measuring those in my ministries in the "Shepherding Values" and establishingnumerical goals for improvement in these areas. Maintain a shepherding relationship with all leaders in my ministry.
F. Be a servant leader, providing "unbelievable service" to those in this church, among other things by returning all phone calls the same day, responding to all emails within 24 hours, and answering all requests the same week.
Skills & Abilities
1. Leadership -- Including the ability to see- the big picture at all times
2. Management -- The ability to manage situationally and to understand the details of individual ministries when necessary, but not get mired in them
Character Traits Needed
1. Servanthood -- This person must thrive on leading by serving, while being in the background
2. Loyalty -- This person must be supportive of the Senior Pastor
3. Teamwork -- He must be able to develop a unique working relationship with the Senior Pastor, allowing him to lead and to have direct access to all of the Ministry Staff for providing counsel and vision. The organizational effect should be similar to that on a ship, with the Senior Pastor as Captain andExecutive Director as Executive Officer.
4. Spiritual maturity -- Need not be ordained, but must meet the qualifications of an Elder as stated in 1st Timothy.
1. Reports to the Session with daily coordination with the Senior Pastor
2. Directly responsible for the Department Heads
How to apply
Email your resume to:
Richard Jones, Stated Clerk: rjonesMRPC@triad.rr.com