Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Livermore, CA Post Date: July 08, 2017
Accountable to: Pastor
Position: Full-Time Salary Paid Staff (40+ hours a week)
Best Personality Traits: Servant, Compassionate, Discreet, Dependable, Driven, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Humble, Gospel focused, Missional Passion For: Discipleship, supporting the Pastor, the spread of the gospel, ministering to children, students, young adults, families, serving the church and community.
Overview of Trinity:
Trinity Church is a healthy, excited, growing multi-generationalchurch in Livermore, CA. We are a gospel centered church with a mission to seepeople find, live and share a new life in Christ.
- Attendance: 300+ and growing
- Worship Style: Contemporary Multi Generational worship.
- Snapshot of Heritage: We are in a season of God doing NEW thingsand preparing for those NEW plans. We love families and desire to see Godchange the culture we are living in through the example and life of godlyfamilies. We are financially healthy. We have two Sunday morning services withsmall groups offered during both services. We have a growing children's programthat has just launched a new curriculum with strong teams. Our Student ministryhas 30-40 students and a strong parent/volunteer base and student-council ledministry structure where the adult leaders and pastors work with the council toaccomplish ministry together as a team. Trinity is located in a fast growingcity on the edge of the silicon valley coveted for its family friendlycommunity, beautiful parks, vineyards and close proximity to San Francisco andSan Jose. You couldn't ask to live in a better place.
PURPOSE OF FAMILY PASTOR:
The Family Pastor will lead students (6th-12th grades), Providedirection to (K-6), young adults and families to help them assimilate andserve. You will also pastor these groups to spiritual restoration and growthwith the gospel. You will help the Pastor as a team member, and also provideleadership, development, and direction for family ministries and volunteerteams as it relates to the vision of Trinity Church. You will be the visioncrafter of a Crib to College vision and ministry philosophy.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Be a mature, committed follower of Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, service, and self-discipline.
- Have an understanding of who you are in Christ and what your purpose is.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with pastor, staff, and volunteers.
- Possess a teachable attitude and desire to be a lifelong learner.
- Must be a team player and work well with others toward a common vision.
- Exhibit a responsible professionalism evidenced by a conscientious work ethic, a well-groomed appearance, a stable mood, passionate eye toward detail, a caring heart toward those entrusted to your care, and willingness to be accountable.
- Be a faithful tither, Trinity Church member and person of integrity.
- Set an example of character and live a life above reproach in personal and public lifestyle in accordance with the qualifications of a qualified elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Seek out personal training and growth opportunities.
- Participate in public services, church outreach, and missions in the community and beyond.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- University and seminary trained (or equivalent).
- Be a leader with evident calling to youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Creative and motivational.
- Trained in youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Have at least 2 years' experience in a full-time ministry position or the equivalent.
- Experience in recruiting, equipping, and maintaining volunteer leaders to minister to youth, young adults and families.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- A passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Currently holds credentials. Licensed or Ordained preferred with an aligned denomination or church, but does not doctrinally conflict with Trinity's statement of faith, or the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Be a team player with a loving concern for the whole church, having a good rapport with all generations.
- Model servant-leadership in the way he relates to the staff and the Pastor.
- Desire to bear "much fruit" and have the mindset to continually improve ministry to families.
- Possess leadership, administrative and organizational abilities. Competency with technology, web and social media.
- Oversee and lead all student ministry (6th-12 grade), and young adult ministry, including services, discipleship, and evangelism events.
- Work with the Trinity Kid's (TK) Team and be responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of students, equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their students.
- Work with the Connections Specialist to enlist and train adult volunteers.
- Supervise and mentor ministry interns.
- Integrate youth, young adults and families to fulfill the calling God has on their lives today - in their community and schools, on their teams and with their friends in the bigger church body and ministries.
- Mentor disciplers and lead students and young adults to imitate Jesus and influence the world with the gospel.
- Conduct adult volunteer screening interviews to recruit the right people to serve in student and young adult ministry.
- Attend monthly team and facilitator meeting for Trinity Student Ministry (TSM) and TK.
- Support the vision of the Pastor centered around the gospel of the cross.
- Assist in handling emergency situations as appropriate.
- Preach, teach, and serve on the programming and planning teams as appropriate.
- Support the Pastor in carrying out the ministry of the church, and help as needed with administrative
- tasks, special projects/services/events/missions.
- Provide limited counseling and continued spiritual direction.
- Be involved in outreach and visitation.
- Maintain excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with church leadership, staff, volunteers and congregation.
see more about Trinity Church here: www.trinitylivermore.org on Facebook and Instagram
How to apply
Send photo, cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org