About this role
Nansemond River Baptist Church is a multigenerational, gospel-centered, elder led congregation in Suffolk, VA. We are a church with a clear vision: We exist to glorify God and exalt Jesus by reaching up through worship and prayer, reaching in through discipleship and fellowship, and reaching out through evangelism and ministry. This statement guides everything we do as we seek to fulfill our mission of making disciples together.
In June 2018, NRBC will be planting a church in Philadelphia, PA with our current Family Pastor as the church planter. This process was announced to the church by the elders of NRBC in the fall of 2016. Our desire is to have a new family pastor in place by May 2018 to provide the best transition possible for this ministry.
Family Ministry at NRBC includes oversight over all age-based ministries from preschoolthrough high school. The goal of this ministry is to partner with parents to develop life-longfollowers of Jesus Christ. Our preschool (birth-K5) and children's ministries have a small group, midweek, and worship component. Preschoolers, under the direction of a part time preschool director, currently participate in small groups, Wee Worship, and Mission Friends. Children (1st-5th) participate in small groups, Kid's Worships, and Equip Kids. Student Ministry (6th-12th) has weekly meetings of Bible study and small groups. Students ministry ha numerous discipleship, fellowship, and mission events during the year, and both the student and children participate in summer camps.
The family pastor provides discipleship, direction, and pastoral oversight to volunteers who carry out the various aspects of Family Ministry while serving as the face of the Student Ministry. In addition, the family ministry hosts a number of community events focuses on reaching families (e.g., Fall Festival, Family Fun Day, Vacation Bible School). The next family pastor of NRBC may also be given responsibility for college age ministry, or some other area of need within the church, depending upon the selected pastor's giftedness.
- Serve as a pastor/elder of the church.
- In conjunction with the other elders, develop and implement a comprehensive family ministry strategy that best fits the mission and vision of NRBC.
- Provide pastoral leadership, discipleship, and accountability for children's ministry team members and student ministry team members as a part of our mission to make disciples.
- Provide pastoral leadership to part-time preschool director as she serves as the primary leader of preschool ministry.
- Provide discipleship and spiritual development for students.
- Create pathways for church members to serve as a part of the children's ministry team and the student ministry team.
- In conjunction with other ministry team leaders, create pathways for students to serve in other NRBC ministries.
- Provide discipleship opportunities for parents of children and students as we seek to come alongside of them in discipling their children.
- Plan discipleship, outreach, and fellowship events/activities for children.
- Plan discipleship, outreach, fellowship, and mission events/activities for students.
- Provide pastoral leadership for outreach events that are primarily family focused including, but not limited to, Family Fun Day, Vacation Bible School, and Fall Festival.
- Preach on Sunday morning in the Lead Pastor's absence or other assigned times.
- Other pastoral responsibilities as assigned.
- Called and qualified man according to the standards set in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Gifted in preaching/teaching, disciple-making, and leadership.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and organize a team of volunteers.
- Team player who understands and will thrive within a plural elder style of church leadership.
- This is a full time, pastoral level position
- Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 based on experience and education.
- Comprehensive benefits package is provided.
How to apply
Visit http://www.nansemondriver.com/careers and follow instructions to apply.
Please only apply from http://www.nansemondriver.com/careers. Applications submittedvia other means will not be considered. Do not mail your resumé to the church or e-mailit to any other staff members.
Submissions will be accepted until January 15, 2018.Back to results