About this role
Woodhaven Bible Church exists to make followers of Christ who worship God, connect with one another, and serve the church and the world. We seek a family pastor to work with the senior pastor and elder team as we equip our families and ministry volunteers to teach and disciple the children of WBC from nursery through high school.
- Character qualifications based on elder requirements from 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Active and consistent growth in love for God and people.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and philosophy of ministry of Woodhaven Bible Church.
- Ability and desire to teach and train others to do the work of ministry according to the model given in Ephesians 4:11-16.
- Possesses a minimum of a bachelor's degree in an area related to Christian ministry and if not in possession of or currently pursuing a seminary education, a willingness to pursue that level of education.
- Ability to work with the elder team to ensure this position's areas of responsibility advance the philosophy and mission of WBC.
- Passion to see the gospel reach the families of our local community.
- Develop relationships with WBC families by coming alongside them in the training and discipleship of their children.
- Lead our Children's Education (CE) Committee by organizing and staffing our ministries from nursery to 6th grade.
- Train and equip the CE Committee and children's ministry volunteers to teach, lead, and disciple children.
- Ensure the curriculum used in children and youth ministries agrees with the doctrinal statement of WBC and systematically builds the story of the Bible into our families.
- Lead our youth group by teaching weekly and building relationships in order to disciple.
- Preach and teach as opportunities arise in the life of Woodhaven Bible Church including adult Sunday School, leader training, and our Sunday Worship Service.
- Lead our church body toward greater effectiveness in local outreach and evangelism.
How to apply
E-mail a cover letter, resume, and brief answers to the following questions to [email protected]
Please answer using a maximum of 500 words for each question.
- Please share with us your salvation testimony and how you became interested in full time Christian ministry.
- Explain the gospel.
- List some key passages, with brief explanations, that inform your understanding of the nature of ministry in the local church.