Female Youth Pastor
Job type: Part-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ Post Date: November 16, 2017
FKUMC (First Korean United Methodist Church) of Cherry Hill
is seeking a part-time female youth pastor to serve along with the currentfull-time youth pastor. Through God's grace our youth ministry has been growingrecently with an attendance of more than 50 youth for Saturday Night Fellowship(SNF) and more than 80 youth on Sundays.
Although the quantity of youth is important, our youthministry prioritizes the quality of faith of each youth. We seek to makedisciples of youth, foster accountable and close relationship with youth, andto shepherd each soul with the love of Christ. Our church is committed to thediscipleship of the next generation, and we have a strong and numerous team ofelders, pastors, directors, and teachers to fulfill this mission. If you have avision and passion for youth ministry, please consider applying.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist the current youth pastor with the overalloperation of youth ministry: SNF, Sunday worship, events, meetings,vision-casting, etc.
2. The priority will be on ministry to female youth. The female youth pastor must feel comfortablecultivating a personal relationship and be able to provide Christ-centeredcounseling to female youth. If need arises, the applicant must be willing tomeet youth outside of office hours.
3. Foster an accountable and close relationship by meetingwith each female youth one-on-one twice a year.
4. The ministry/office times are Saturday evenings andSundays. Expect 12-15 hours per week.
5. Attend all meetings related to youth ministry.
6. Lead weekly discipleship class.
7. Preach twice a month (one SNF sermon and one Sundaysermon).
8. Pray for the youth daily.
The qualifications for the position are:
1. A profession of faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and agrowing relationship with Jesus.
2. Must be teachable.
3. Willing to love the youth.
4. Currently pursuing a seminary degree or have graduatedfrom an evangelical seminary.
5. Fluent in English; proficiency in Korean and knowledge ofKorean culture is a plus.
6. Willing to serve a minimum of two years.
How to apply
1. Resume with photo
2. Personal statement of faith and youth ministry vision
3. Two references (One must be from someone you have servedwith)
4. Email the documents to [email protected]