About this role
Who are we?
Citylight exists to multiply disciples of Jesus and churches. In 2012, Citylight was planted by a small core team that wanted to see Jesus do a new work in Omaha. Over the past four years God has shown tremendous grace to our church family. Citylight has grown from a handful of people praying in a living room to a spiritual family of more than 1,700 people. Additionally, hundreds have met Jesus and been baptized. We are a gospel-centered church, meaning we allow the good news of Jesus Christ to shape every area of our ministry, message, and methods. We affirm the Gospel Coalition statement of faith, as well as the Christian & Missionary Alliance statement of faith.
Who are we looking for?
The Citylight Omaha Finance Director will be responsible for oversight, management, and leadership in the areas of finance, accounting, and payroll/benefits administration. We are looking for a candidate with experience in financial management, a strong heart for Jesus and the local church, and a drive to be a disciple-maker.
Direct Report: Lead Pastor Gavin Johnson
Expectation: 40+ hrs. per week
1. Banking & Financial Database Oversight
- Handle bank reconciliations
- Generate financial reports
- Allocate contributions (general/designated funds), make accounts receivable payments, and auto scan deposits
- Enter and balance online giving
- Create and maintain funds in accounting (CDM) and online giving software
- Handle administrative functions with bank
- Monitor/review all ledger entries
2. Payroll, Credit Cards, Insurance, and Benefits Oversight
- Payroll: Maintain electronic employee payroll records and update before each payroll. Make quarterly federal and monthly state payroll tax payments and issue quarterly reports to each. Issue Form W-2s.
- Benefits: Working with the bank and accounting software (CDM), maintain HSA records for payroll deductions and ledger entries. Provide bank with deduction information for each payroll.
- Retirement: Maintain spreadsheet of participants, deductions, and employer match to send to the C&MA monthly and update ledger accordingly.
- Insurance: Manage property, liability, workers' compensation, and auto insurance policies for both locations. Assist with any worker's compensation audits.
- Credit Cards: Perform administrative functions including opening/closing accounts, assigning user permissions, and contacting the bank as needed.
3. Accounting Oversight
- Accounts Payable: Approve payments, issue checks, and make ledger entries.
- Accounts Receivable: Create billing invoices such as COBRA and shared expenses between Citylight church plants.
- Maintain files for credit cards, vendors, reimbursements, and corporate files.
- Interns: Monitor raised support funds, issue monthly balance reports for each intern and a management report.
- Budget: Provide regular expense reports, hold annual budget meetings, and prepare salary/benefits budget. Prepare overall budget and enter into accounting software (CDM); update as-needed throughout the year.
- Missions: Deposit and track missions trip support contributions and expenses. Provide regular updates to trip leaders.
Salary and Benefits
Please Check HR Policies handbook for the full list of benefits.
- $45,000- $65,000 based on experience and education
- Health care (will cover full family)
- Retirement fund with contribution matching
- Paid time off/vacation days and sick days