Job type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco, CA Post Date: August 01, 2017
SF City Impact is a non-profit organization that exists to intervene on behalf of the people in the inner city of San Francisco. We ensure every decision keeps our pace, benefits our people, and helps tract towards our strategic plan.
The Grant Writer will work closely with our Development Director to ensure the grant process is streamlined and effective. This position will need to raise significant revenue through grants towards the overall fundraising goal.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully craft compelling and persuasive grant proposals each year to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Work closely with Program Directors to ensure all grant reports are submitted on time.
- Research grantors on a regular basis – seek out new grant opportunities using grant making resource websites, foundation and government websites, news and publications.
- Ensure that the entire grant writing program is on track and best practices are being met.
- Supports the Development Director in building relationships with community, non-profits, corporations, individuals and funders in order to engage them in a funding partnership with the Organization.
- Assists in maintaining consistent best practice grant writing and reporting techniques focused on delivering accurate program data to funders and donors.
- Supports the development, and maintenance of open communication with grantors and partners, in order to foster strong relationships and increase funding.
- Creates and sends out thank you letters and donor recognition letters/notices on a timely basis as allowed by grant deadlines for all foundation gifts received.
- Prompts Corporation Gift Officer, Development Director and Executive Director to make personal calls and/or send notes of appreciation.
- Tracks solicited/pending/closed status of grants and proposals, progress reports for funding grantors, grants and proposals to be submitted, prospective foundations and documents all activity and correspondence within grant tracking software (SalesForce).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Development Director or Executive Director.
- A personal relationship with Jesus with good working knowledge of the Bible and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, finance, accounting, and/or business or a related field preferred. One year of work experience with hands-on responsibility related to grant fiscal support, accounting, public budgeting, and finance required.
- Experience with database entry, reporting, and maintenance.
- Proficiency with computers, and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and ASP/web-based software solutions (Salesforce, ClientTrack).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proactive abilities to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Self-motivated and flexible with good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Regular involvement in a local Bible-believing church.