High School Minister
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Dallas, TX Post Date: September 15, 2017
Northwest Bible Church is searching for a creative, fun and energetic individual who ideally has experience managing an effective team ministry with staff and volunteers in a larger church setting. The kind of person who will fit well with the Northwest team is relational, confident, teachable, approachable and clearly called to serve students and their families.
- Oversee Sunday morning service for 9 - 12th grades, working with Middle School Minister to create, plan and coordinate worship, teaching, and small groups.
- Recruit and organize high school student teams with volunteer leaders for: worship, A/V production, creative art & drama, service & missions.
- Plan and prepare relevant mid-week small groups (Wednesday Nights) to disciple and challenge students through fellowship and small group discussion.
- Target and disciple individuals and small groups through various personal interactions and activities.
- Organize and direct seasonal events such as: fall/winter retreat, summer ministries, mission trips, outreach events, senior recognition, etc.
- Open the lines of communication with parents and partner with them to disciple their children.
- Recruit, interview, shepherd, and encourage adult volunteer leaders who are fully invested in the lives of our high school students.
- Create an atmosphere of community with volunteer leaders, meeting regularly and consistently.
- Meet with and coach students as needed.
- Help in planning events with the Student ministry team that offer encouragement and enrichment for parents.
- Develop and execute an annual ministry plan and budget.
- Engage in student ministry team meetings, staff and key leader meetings.
- Participate in church-wide events including: Worship Services, Centralized Leader Gatherings, Fall Fun Fest and World Passion Week.
- Develop spiritual life through study, prayer and fellowship.
- Develop professionally on a continuing basis by attending conferences, reading relevant literature and connecting with other ministers in the Dallas area.
As a religious organization all employees must affirm and adhere to the Church's Doctrinal Statement of Faith, based upon its sincerely held religious beliefs, to qualify for involvement with the ministry. This is necessary to accomplish the Church's religious mission, goals, and purpose.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord.
- Willing to become a member of Northwest Bible Church and actively participate in ministry.
- A degree from an accredited seminary or similar institution.
- Gifted Bible teacher with ability to communicate biblical truth to students in a relevant, engaging manner.
- Outgoing personality and strong people skills with an ability to relate to all ages in general and
- students in particular.·
- Respect for parents and their role as the God-given authority in their children's lives.
- Able to work cooperatively as a team-player with all members of the church staff.
- Basic Microsoft Office, social media, and computer skills.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to Melissa Machemehl at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Northwest, visit our website at www.nortwestbible.org.