Kid's Ministry Director
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Oklahoma City, OK Post Date: April 20, 2017
Frontline Church is an Acts 29 church in the growing urban core of Oklahoma City. Our mission as a church is "Multiplying Gospel Communities that Love God, Love People and Push Back Darkness." (www.frontlinechurch.com). We are searching for a Kid's Director who will partner with parents to lead kids into this mission. Frontline is 1500+ on a Sunday.
A leader of Elementary Kid's Ministry (1st-5th grade) who will grow the mission of partnering with parents to raise kids who love God, love people and push back darkness in our church and city.
* Character - Passionate for the person and work of Jesus Christ - has a life worth following
* Calling - Deeply called to and passionate for kids - not a "stepping stone" mindset
* DNA - Committed to Frontline's Distinctives at a heart level - Gospel-centered, Bible-honoring, Spirit-filled, Gender-redeeming, Kingdom-focused
* Leader - Ability to lead kids, leaders and parents with strength and maturity
* Desire and ability to grow the kid's ministry from 60+ to 125-150+
* Teacher - must be able to communicate Biblical truth in a powerful and memorable way for kids
* FUN! - Creative idea generator who makes kids excited to come to Kid's Church
* Kingdom-focused - Missional heart to reach kids who don't know Jesus - schools, neighborhoods, etc.
* Spirit-filled - Some experience with the ministry of the Holy Spirit and deeply committed to living a "pray first" lifestyle
* Integrated - connected to own brokenness / weaknesses combined with a noticeable security / joy / identity in Christ
* Communicator - capable of envisioning adults from the stage to serve kids and raise the visibility and value of leading kids to Jesus
* Team-builder - has the relational maturity, humble demeanor, and gathering ability to recruit and lead a team of volunteers and work well with others on the Family Team
- Lead Kid's Church on Sunday mornings
- Recruit and disciple a team of leaders from the congregation to work with kids
- Establish and communicate vision to adults for passing the church to the next generation
- Wisely assess theological and practical approaches to kid's ministry from other like-minded churches' kid's ministries and implement best practices
- Lead and coordinate missional efforts to kids in our city - e.g. after school Bible clubs, VBS, tutoring, etc.
- Choose curriculum that serves our kids and parents to grow as disciples of Jesus
- Functions as contributing member of the Family Team
- Oversee Kid's Ministry budget to steward and allocate resources wisely
- Work with Family Ministry Director to resource our parents in how to best lead their kids to Jesus and disciple them
- Work with Family Team Admin to create a seamless process for scheduling, training and safety procedures within the ministry
- Other duties and training as assigned by Family Ministry Director and Frontline Elders
Reports to: Family Ministry Director
How to apply
Application found at www.frontlinechurch.com/jobs