Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Pittsburgh, PA Post Date: May 17, 2017
Providence Church (Pittsburgh, PA) is seeking a full-time Lead Pastor who is passionate and gifted to help provide vision, strategy, organization, and leadership for healthy and effective gospel ministry. The Lead Pastor is to utilize his own abilities and gifts (as well as the abilities and gifts of others) to best position the pastoral team to faithfully fulfill its duties in serving Providence Church.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Lead Pastor at Providence Church seeks to fulfill five roles in the life of the church:
- He is a visionary leader who creates and casts biblical vision, produces outcomes consistent with our mission & vision, stewards church resources (including people, money & time), and sets the tone for a biblical church culture.
- He is a preaching pastor who upholds the doctrinal standards and distinctives as laid out in our Statement of Faith (provchurch.org/our-church/statement-of-faith/), preaches the Word of God faithfully during the majority of our Sunday gatherings, and provides preaching support for other ministries and contexts.
- He is a team-builder who helps build diverse teams to achieve the gospel mission, champions leadership development, assists in recruiting / developing / supporting other leaders, and helps people identify their gifts and talents.
- He is a ministry catalyst who helps develop new and effective ministry initiatives, embeds evangelistic outreach in the life of the church, and aligns church ministries with the mission & vision.
- He is a Leadership Team member who makes strategic contributions to monthly Leadership Team meetings and facilitates mutual soul care with other members of the team.
About Providence Church
Providence Church (provchurch.org) resides in the south suburbs (Bethel Park) of Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission statement is "Treasuring Jesus Christ and inviting others to do the same" (read more at provchurch.org/our-church/mission/). This statement embodies our aim to see Jesus as a greater treasure than anything else. This is only possible by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ on our behalf, which frees us from the tyranny of sin and makes us new creations: redeemed children of God. This truth (the gospel) is the focus of our singing, our preaching, and our church life together.Planted in 1996, Providence Church is a collection of approximately 80 adult members and a zillion wonderful, crazy kids. Our members love Jesus, take His Word seriously, and long to see His kingdom come in big ways to the South Hills of Pittsburgh. Our hearts have been steeped in Reformed theology and the desire to see the Holy Spirit transform our lives in dramatic ways to the glory of Christ. For more on our doctrine, please see our Statement of Faith (provchurch.org/our-church/statement-of-faith/).
How to apply
Interested individuals can apply online at provchurch.org/lead-pastor-opening/