Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Lawton, MI Post Date: November 13, 2017
Do you love to preach God's word in a passionate way that motivates people to action? Do you love teaching and equipping others to share their faith and make disciples? Do you love to work on a team to set and carry out God's mission and vision for His church? Then we'd love to meet you!
Lawton Evangelical Church is currently making a difference for the Kingdom in the community of Lawton, Michigan and the surrounding areas. Our mission is "To strive together in our pursuit of fulfilling the great commandment and the great commission" and our vision is "To develop fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ". The church is located in Lawton, a rural community tucked away in SW Michigan, and located approximately half way between Chicago and Detroit. Our rolling hills are covered with orchards, farms and vineyards and there is no shortage of fresh produce in the summer and fall. The Lake Michigan shore is just a short drive away where the sunsets will take your breath away. Add in local festivals, numerous outdoor recreation opportunities and a low cost of living and you can begin to see that the area has much to offer!
Apply for this position if you...
- Are passionate about preaching the Word of God
- Are a male, "born again" believer, and meet the Biblical qualifications for being an elder described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Are in agreement with the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches Manual of Faith and Practice (available at fecministries.org) and by-laws of our congregation (available at lawtonevan.com).
- Desire to work with a team of elders in casting vision and equipping the saints for ministry.
- Have 5 years of ministry experience and experience working with an elder team (preferred).
- Have at least a Bachelors Degree in a Bible related field.
- Have a shepherd's heart to lead and care for the "found" but also have a fierce determination to go after the "lost"
Among your responsibilities, you would:
- With the elders, develop, lead and guide the church in its mission and vision.
- Preach and teach the whole counsel of God.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and supervise the pastoral and support staff.
- Conduct weddings (including pre-marital counseling), funerals, child dedications, and provide counseling as requested and as you are available.
- Provide leadership, direction, and training for Elder Team and Administrative Team.
- Invest in the community and invite the lost to know Jesus.
- Baptize new believers.
- Assume membership on the Administrative Team and ex-officio on all ministry teams.
Who we are...
- We are a multigenerational, family-focused church of about 125-150 people.
- We enjoy a blended worship style, incorporating both hymns and contemporary worship music.
- We are located in Lawton, a community of about 2,000 people in Southwest Michigan - approximately 25 minutes from downtown Kalamazoo.
- We are members of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches. For a full history, visit fecministries.org.
- We are an elder-led church, with leadership consisting of elders, deacons, and various ministry team.
- We have an active youth ministry of about 30 students, a thriving AWANA program, adult and children's Sunday School classes, men's and women's Bible studies, and many other ministries.
- We have a huge heart for missions, supporting a church plant in Pittsburgh and missionaries, both nationally and internationally, in addition to various local ministries
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Our website is www.lawtonevan.com. Full job ad posting available on our website.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a personal philosophy of ministry to:
Teresa Oertel ([email protected]) Email is preferred, otherwise mail to:
Teresa Oertel, Lawton Evangelical Church PO Box 909, Lawton, MI 49065