Lead Teaching Pastor
Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Vancouver, WA Post Date: November 29, 2017
Living Water's mission is to make disciples by making known the beauty of Jesus in all of life. Over the past 17 years, our church has grown from a small Bible study to a church of 300 people under the bold preaching of our Lead and Founding Pastor. We believe that by God's grace, the best days are still ahead for Living Water Church, and to this end, we are looking for a seasoned and passionate leader, who is gifted relationally, to join our staff team and help advance the mission of our church.
The role of the next Lead Teaching Pastor is to keep growing our church deep into the Word of God while also casting vision for how our church can grow wide - reaching the non-Christians in our city with the gospel (Acts 16:5). The Lead Teaching Pastor helps advance the mission of Living Water by preaching God's Word, casting vision, caring for/connecting with people, and providing wisdom in leadership.
FIVE OVERARCHING RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Preach God's Word
- Study, prepare, and preach gospel-centered, doctrinally rich, passionate, expositional sermons 40-45 weeks/year.
- Guard the doctrine of the church.
2. Cast Vision
- Continually keep LW's mission & values in front of our people, especially leaders.
- Develop a strategy for pursuing our mission in each new ministry season and lead us in implementing it.
3. Lead the Elder Team
- Take the lead in exercising oversight/shepherding the church (the Lead Teaching Pastor will function as a first among equals on the Elder team).
4. Oversee men's/Women's Ministries
- Oversee Men's Ministry leader(s)/teaching.
- Oversee Women's Ministry Leadership Team.
5. General Pastoral Duties
- Pursue, connect with, and care for people.
- Various pastoral duties: prayer, counseling, weddings, funerals, etc.
- A vibrant, compelling relationship with Jesus Christ and love for the Gospel showing evidence of ongoing spiritual growth.
- Sound character and integrity, meeting the biblical qualifications of an elder and overseer as defined in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1.
- A high regard for the Scriptures, a heart of love and compassion for people and a passion for missions and disciple making.
- A demonstrated background in expositing and preaching God's Word.
- Agreement with Living Water Church's statement of faith.
- Must have at least 5 years experience of senior level church leadership.
- MDiv preferred, but not required.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]