About this role
Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ's love.
The Manager of Church Partnerships will be the primary relationship manager for HFNY's partner churches across New York City with the goal of mobilizing them to effectively engage mercy and justice in their communities and across New York City.
The Manager of Church Partnerships implements strategy for and engagement with HFNY's partner churches. This includes church partnership management and cultivation for each of HFNY's growing partner churches, engaging church partner volunteers, developing leaders within HFNY's partner church community, planning events to foster community and develop networks of leaders and volunteers within the partner church network, planning outreaches and events to take place at the partner churches, and working closely with the full program team to match partner church resources with the needs of the affiliates.
Church Partnership Development
- Be a resource and a mercy and justice advocate with partner church leadership, directly managing ongoing relationships with current and potential church partners.
- Work with congregational Church staff to create and work towards fulfilling shared goals related to mercy and justice initiatives and programs.
- Work collaboratively with other respective HFNY departments such as the Affiliate Development Team and Volunteer Management Team for shared goals and outcomes
- Prepare regular reports for partner churches related to engagement levels with HFNY activities and the HFNY affiliate network
- Create metrics around church engagement goals to more effectively share narrative and data points related to how the HFNY partnership has propelled further church engagement around mercy and justice.
- Facilitate key communications outcomes for church engagement with partner church staff.
- Develop and share mercy and justice related resources with current HFNY partner churches
- Develop, plan, and implement recruitment, engagement, and equipping events with church partners (HFNY Sunday, HFNY info sessions etc.)
- Provide support for new partner church identification and on-boarding of new partner churches
Training and Equipping
- Work with Director of Church & Community Engagement to conduct forums for partner church leadership to discuss mercy and justice related topics
- Support facilitation of practical training to equip congregations to serve the poor and marginalized with a long-term approach
- Provide church-wide seminars, forums, and trainings on how to best engage poverty and injustice issues
- 5-7 years in volunteer management, non-profit, project management, or church staff experience
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- Ability to manage and execute programs and events for church partnership.
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Demonstrated leadership, motivational and coaching skills
- Strong verbal (including public speaking) and writing skills
- Familiarity with New York City's nonprofit sector and faith-based community
- Self-starter, quick learner, diligent worker; able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Thrives under pressure and takes on difficult challenges
- Resourceful and strategic problem-solving ability
- Strong collaborator; demonstrated ability to work with effectively individually and as part of a team
- Ensures consistent and effective follow up with internal and external stakeholders
- Must-have positive and humble attitude; flexible and adaptable; open to feedback
- Experience working with databases – (Salesforce preferred)
- Bachelor's degree
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]Back to results