Minister of Worship
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: White Lake, MI Post Date: September 07, 2017
We are looking for a full time Minister of Worship at Grace Church (a medium-sized congregation located in White Lake, Michigan) who will help us as we seek to fulfill our vision of helping people become more alive in Christ, connected with each other, and engaged in the world.
With their own style, this person will work to cultivate an atmosphere and attitude of joyful worship in the lives of our Church-family by facilitating a Christ-centered, doctrinally sound, celebratory, engaging, and creative worship experience.
We are looking for a strong musician with a pastor's heart. The major responsibility of this role will be to train and disciple teams of people to help lead music and inspire worship in a variety of areas of church life, primarily Sunday morning services. This person will also assist in service planning, behind-the-scenes preparation and training, as well as other opportunities related to the music ministry and general church leadership.
We are seeking someone with a deep love for God who leads with integrity, character, creativity and skill. This person should be a team-player who desires to serve the church alongside other pastoral staff and volunteers. They should be skilled as a musician, able to engage others from the stage, and have at least three years of experience leading music with a band.
The Minister of Worship & Worship is responsible to assist the teaching pastors to develop worship services that underline the preaching themes, to help facilitate public worship meetings, to work with the other pastors to provide for the assimilation and discipleship of the church family, and to engage in general pastoral ministry.
- Work with the teaching pastors to help implement preaching themes and to develop creative and meaningful worship services.
- Work with the pastors to plan for and implement special meetings of the church outside of the Sunday morning meetings (including anniversary celebrations, nights of prayer/praise, Christmas Eve services, Good Friday and Easter services, etc.).
- Assist the Teaching Pastors in programming services weekly & overseeing those who will be participating
- Oversee the ministries of Sound & Video
- Work to create a tone and atmosphere of genuine, heartfelt worship
- Serve as the primary worship leader for our church
- Recruit, disciple, lead and train teams of musicians to facilitate public worship
- Develop, and organize various media to assist in services as needed (e.g., Sound room, video, ProPresenter, music, dramatic readings, announcements, testimonies, etc.)
- Assist in creating a warm, engaging environment conducive to worship in the lobby and auditorium (including seating, staging, lighting, projection, decoration, art, background music, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining the website and posting podcasts
- Provide pastoral nurturing and leadership to those who are involved in the worship team as well as others within their sphere of relationships.
- Assist pastoral staff in assimilating new people into our congregation.
- Function as part of the staff team of the church by contributing unique passions and skills to the evangelism, discipleship and pastoral care of the whole church.
- Share with the other pastoral staff in the coordination of various all-church ministries and events.
Knowledge & Skills & Qualifications
- A pastoral heart, love for Jesus, and desire to see lives and communities changed by the Gospel
- At least three years of experience as a worship pastor or leader
- Formal ministry training
- A gift for leadership and a track record of developing leaders
- Theological and philosophical alignment with Grace Church leadership
- A fully supportive spouse (if married)
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritize
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Vocal and musical gifts
- Technology savvy – both in computer, media and AV
- General knowledge of running sound, stage/set design, lighting.
- Commitment to continued development
How to apply
If you think this position could be a good fit for you we are looking forward to getting to know you better. Please email us a short resume along with a link to a video of yourself leading music to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!