Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Lexington, SC Post Date: June 17, 2017
Lexington Presbyterian Church is seeking a critical ministry position that will help the church grow in its disciple making capacity. The Ministry Director position will work very closely with the senior pastor to oversee and lead the operational and disciple-making ministries of the church. The position will provide opportunities for teaching in different settings, but an emphasis will be placed on operational excellence, group oversight, and leadership development.
1. Ministry Strategist
- Regularly evaluate the clarity and relevance of our mission.
- Work to align programs, personnel and members with our mission.
- Assist in setting measurable and realistic congregational, volunteer and staff goals.
- Develop new ministries.
- Mentor and develop both staff and congregational leaders.
2. Staff Overseer
- Plan and lead staff meetings.
- Plan and organize elder meetings which will be moderated by the Senior Pastor.
- Meet regularly with staff, encouraging and evaluating pursuit of ministry goals.
- Plan and assist in semiannual elder retreat for
- church evaluation and planning.
- Oversee staff evaluation, compensation, and other human resource matters.
- Initiate and oversee the annual budget process.
3. Group Overseer
- Teach in appropriate venues on discipleship and group development.
- Develop and maintain groups for welcome, word, worship, fellowship and prayer.
- Cultivate new leaders within and through existing groups.
Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in theology and or management preferred.
Knowledge of the Presbyterian Church in America, possessing doctrine and character consistent with ordination to the office of elder. Teaching Elder preferred but not required.
Proven record of group leadership and development preferably within the Church or other volunteer organizations.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity that closely aligns with your background, experience, gifts, and interests, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and a one-page summary of your philosophy of ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org. The search will continue over the summer, but applications received before July 21, 2017 will be assured to receive full consideration.