Mooretown Brethren In Christ
Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Sandusky, MI Post Date: September 21, 2017
To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ by casting a clearand compelling vision for our church that will impact our members, ourcommunity, and ultimately the kingdom of God.
- Set as a personal goal the standard required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Maintain an ongoing program of study to affirm and strengthen your walk with the Lord.
- Must have good administrative, leadership, and communication skills.
- Must maintain regular office hours.
- Prepare for and conduct worship services.
- Able to preach both expositional and topical messages in a way that can be easily understood by a wide variety of age groups yet challenging enough to promote spiritual growth.
- Lead and administer Communion.
- Perform weddings, baptisms, and funeral services for members of the church and the community.
- Conduct premarital, family, grief, and spiritual counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
- Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters and build a rapport with other community pastors and officials.
- Perform home and hospital visitations of members who are ill or hospitalized.
- Help plan and coordinate outreach events within the church and community.
- Encourage, equip, and mentor current and future ministry leaders.
- Adhere to the church/denomination bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
- Accountable to the church board
How to apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com