New England Missional Apprentice (Prayer and Praise) Residency
Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Worcester, MA Post Date: October 27, 2017
Do you want to be the neighbor people trust with their best days and with their worst days? Do you want to be the friend that someone will regularly pray with even when they don't believe in Jesus? Do you want to be able to talk to someone regardless of their faith background about how Jesus and His Good News continues to shape your life and your music? Do you want to grow in becoming more like Jesus in how you serve and love others in your neighborhood, in your workplace, in your home, and in Jesus' Church?
Emmaus City Church seeks to share and show the Good News of Jesus with Worcester, Massachusetts as we bring the joy and justice of His kingdom to our beloved city. We aim to learn how to follow Jesus together in community, graciously loving others and generously serving the city for the glory of God and the salvation of many.
This position is a 12-to-24 month missional apprentice residency for someone who is gifted in prayer and worship-in-song as a musician and singer. We are seeking someone looking to gain experience and training in serving and discipling as an urban missionary who will love neighbors and share Jesus with them in word and deed, as well as help lead those gathered in singing and hearing the Gospel in song across musical genres, with our missional community-based urban church plant in Worcester. This position will provide worship-in-song and community leader training for the church leader who wants to be a disciplemaker who makes more disciplemakers.
This person will have 1-2 years of experience in a local urban church involving prayer, music, mercy ministry, and community involvement. We're looking for someone who would be described as having integrity and humility, being gentle, peaceful, generous, hospitable, faithful, and teachable. A considered candidate would also read and agree with the "Our World Belongs to God" statement of faith: https://www.crcna.org/welcome/beliefs/contemporary.... as well as the "Soma Distinctives": http://wearesoma.com/resources/our-distinctives/.
Ethnic minority candidates are highly encouraged to apply as we desire to be a multicultural church that reflects God's kingdom. However, although we would love to make this search available internationally as Worcester is a Top 20 immigrant friendly city, due to our small size and limited resources as a church plant, we cannot accept international candidates at this time.
- Love Jesus, Emmaus City Church, and the city of Worcester, Mass.
- Be able to sing and play a lead instrument (i.e. keyboard, bass guitar, lead guitar, drums)
- Be able to humbly and boldly lead others in worship-in-song in multiple categories (i.e. Gospel, traditional hymns, globally recognized worship songs, etc.)
- Be committed to a City Group (i.e. missional community)
- Meet neighbors and learn how to tangibly love and serve them (i.e. sharing meals together, listening to story, praying for them and with them, etc.)
- Gather with Emmaus City for Sabbath gatherings
- Work a steady part-time job and live in the city of Worcester
- Fundraise support for any needed additional funding
- Compensation: $1,250-$2,000 per month
- Time frame: Beginning March 2018
How to apply
- Review jesuslovesworcester.com / emmauscitychurch.com and http://www.emmauscity.blogspot.com to learn more about Emmaus City Church.
- Review http://www.eastendfellowship.org and http://www.missiodeicommunities.com for examples of churches we admire, celebrate, and seek to become more like.
- Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] before Monday, November 27, 2017.