Paid WORSHIP ARTS INTERN
Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: North Port, FL Post Date: October 04, 2017
A) Length of Service: one year, renewable after one month break:
B) 1st level of Accountability: Lead Teaching Pastor
1. Must be water baptized and be a worshiper.
2. Must have the ability to lead others in worship.
3. Ability to play songs and sing loudly.
4. Ability to select songs which lead to worship.
5. Must have a commitment to the local church.
III. Job Summary:
This internship is designed to equip a developing worship leader for future health &leadership at a church that is committed to providing every man woman &child with multiple opportunities in our city to hear, see and respond to theGospel of Jesus Christ and not have to travel anywhere. The Worship Intern willbe cultivating worship services and worship teams that help communicate the narrativeof God and create and environment and space for our congregation to see andexperience the presence of God, as individuals and as a community, in corporatepraise and worship. The Worship Intern will gain experience in a variety ofareas as they develop under the mentorship of New Hope Executive LeadershipTeam. Working alongside the Lead Teaching Pastor, Head sound technician, PraiseTeam Leaders and with the mentorship of the Worship Arts Minister, he/she willreceive hands-on practice and application in weekend service planning andexecution, leadership and development of team members. The Worship Intern willalso gain technical production experience, and incorporate and apply spiritualgrowth and development practices to sustain personal growth and growth of theworship team
IV. Expectations of the Worship Intern:
• Oversee the order and arrangement of the various elements for the weekly worship service.
• When possible, make use of non-musical artistic elements in the worship service.
• Lead worship in a warm, invitational style–one that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
• Be familiar with (or willing to learn) bothcontemporary and traditional (hymnody) styles of sacred music.
• Have the ability to lead from a primary instrument.
• Demonstrate a warm and affirming relationship with New Hope's values and distinctive's.
• In all areas, lead with humility, grace and respect.
• Commit to one calendar year with the option for anotheryear based on evaluation of the first year.
V. Salary: 10 hours per week and receive a stipend of $100 per week. HousingCompensation: Potential host home *On case by case basis. Both weekendservices on Saturday night (6pm till 9pm) and Sunday morning (8:30am till11:30am
How to apply
If interested please submit a resume and any links of recordings to New Hope Community Church at [email protected]