Pastor, Children's Ministry
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Cary, NC Post Date: August 03, 2017
The vision for our Children's Ministry is to partner with parents in helping children know God, think biblically and live wisely. The Children's Ministry Pastor leads the staff and oversees the ministries serving children from birth through grade five.
Ministry Description: Children's Ministry Pastor
Colonial Baptist Church, Cary NC
6051 Tryon Road, Cary NC 27518
Lead the staff and oversee the ministries serving children from birth through grade five, helping Colonial achieve its vision that children know God, think biblically and live wisely.
- Full time position with salary and benefits in accordance with the current compensation standards.
- Reports to: Pastor, Family Ministry
- Provide leadership, training, support and oversight to the Children's Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Develop and oversee effective and creative ministries for children.
- Provide pastoral leadership and guidance to children and parents.
- Manage the policies and procedures related to Children's Ministry.
- Create safe, clean and innovative learning environments.
- Serve as a member of the Family Ministry department work in partnership with the leaders of other ministry areas.
- Mature faith in Christ and evidence of a Christ honoring marriage and family life.
- Previous ministry experience directing a children's ministry, including leadership of ministry staff and/or a large volunteer team.
- Love for the local church and agreement with the doctrine and vision of Colonial Baptist Church.
- Effective interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Grow daily as a follower of Jesus Christ and maintain habits of a life-long learner.
- Contribute positively to the Colonial Baptist Church staff team and maintain healthy, cooperative relationships.
- Exemplify humble, servant leadership.
- Minister effectively in a fluid, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Pursue ministry with joy, passion and creativity.
ABOUT COLONIAL BAPTIST CHURCH:
Colonial Baptist Church (www.colonial.org) is a non-denominational congregation that is located in Cary, North Carolina. We are doctrinally conservative and believe that teaching and proclaiming God's Word is central to the mission of the church. We are committed to disciple making. Our various ministries are focused on helping people grow into mature disciples of Jesus Christ who are committed to sharing the gospel and investing in the lives of others.
Colonial averages about 2500 people in the worship services and about 600 children birth through grade 5 on Sunday mornings. We have classes and programs for children during each of the three morning worship services and we offer an AWANA club that meets on Sunday evenings during the school year. We also offer a weekday preschool and various special events and programs throughout the year. Other ministry areas of the church include a sports ministry, middle and high school programs, a college ministry as well as men's and women's ministries. Our worship style is blended in that we sing both modern praise songs and traditional hymns accompanied by a band, orchestra and choir.
Over the years we have launched several ministries including Shepherd's Theological Seminary, a fully accredited graduate school that meets on our campus; Wisdom For The Heart, an international radio ministry and publishing house; The Shepherd's Network, our church planting ministry; and Shepherds International, a sending agency through which we send Christian workers into various parts of the world.
Cary, North Carolina, is a rapidly growing community adjacent to Raleigh. The Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill area has been nicknamed "The Triangle." Money Magazine has rated this area as one of the best places to live for seven of the last ten years. Families are attracted to this area because of the high employment rate and the wonderful quality of life they find here. This region is the corporate or research headquarters for several large corporations and hundreds of small or start-up firms. The region houses three major universities, excellent hospitals and schools, various cultural venues and ample recreation and sporting opportunities.
How to apply
Resumes should be sent to:
Scott WyliePastor, Family Ministry